Eight

The Penthouse took up the entire floor at the top of the hotel building. It was very self sufficient, with a kitchen, bedroom, living room, walk in wardrobe and bathroom. If the power worked, I might've lived here myself.

The place resembled the lobby with its peeling walls and paintings and red carpet; all complete with a crystal chandelier.

Matty and I ran for the bed, giggling as we both landed on the covers.

"Can we smoke here?" Matty asked me.

"Yeah"

He smiled, making me laugh a little and lit two cigarettes, one for me and one for him.

He wrapped his arm around me and we both sat in the room watching the sun set outside the massive window that took up one entire wall of the room.

"I like it here" he said softly.

"Me too" I rested my head on his chest, listening to his gently breathe. He ran his fingers through my hair while muttering one of his songs under his breath that I didn't recognise.

I stayed silent, just listening to him sing and hum to himself. I laced my fingers through his.

He stopped singing after a while, just humming. The fingers of his other hand left my hair and started tracing lazy patterns on my arm.

"You're really soft" he said suddenly, making me chuckle.

"Thanks" I sat up, my hand still in his, and I looked him straight in the eye

"Can I kiss you again?" I asked quietly.

He nodded and I leaned over to gently press my lips on his. We melted into each other and he let go of my hand to let it tangle itself in my hair with his other one.

I'm sober and I still have no self control.