Twelve

(a/n : why are these so short smh I'm gonna make this longer)

"Right" I clapped my hands together "Up, we've to go to the next stop on Andi's tour"

I held out my hand for him to take and I helped him up off the sand.

"Where we going next tour guide Andi?"

"It's a secret" I told him.

He rolled his eyes "Can I have a clue?"

"No"

I dragged him back up the steps to the town again and I took him to the final stop on our tour; the old amusement park on the edge of everything, near the forest.

"Oh wow" he said, looking at the old rides and the massive carousal "Why did it close?"

I shrugged "Dunno. A kid died I think"

"Let me guess" he turned and looked at me "her ghost lives on"

I snorted "Obviously, its logic"

He rolled his eyes "That's tragic that you believe that"

"You're tragic" I shot back

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders "Shh. Now where are we going in this place? You like derelict places don't you?" he teased.

"Oh quiet. Come on" I brought him to the old Ferris wheel.

He was trailing behind so I whined and waved my hands about to get him to keep up. He laughed and walked even slower to wind me up.

We eventually both got to the wheel and I started to climb it.

"Oh fuck no, I'm not climbing up there"

"It's not that bad, come on, it's sturdy" I climbed up through the gaps effortlessly; I had done this so many times I could practically do it in my sleep.

I got to the top before he did so I went back down to help him. He clung onto me like a child, gripping my hands tightly as he moved.

I brought him to the seat at the top, overlooking the town. You could see into the desert from here too and you could even see parts of Las Vegas.

"Oh" was all that Matty said as he got to the top and sat beside me "Wow"

"It's nice isn't it" I said.

He nodded "Is that Vegas?" He pointed towards the urbanised area of the desert ahead.

"Yeah. You been yet?"

"No but I'm going"

"The minute I'm 18, I'm going and I'm not coming back" I told him.

"Why would you wanna live in the city of sin?" He questioned me.

"Because I am a sin, it's where I belong. I'm a mess"

"Well, you're a beautiful mess. I'll come back and take you, how about that?"

I smiled at him "I'd like that"

He pulled me closer to him "We can be a mess together"