26 || yes

The gunshots stopped firing and you glared at Shane. What an idiot.

Beth was sobbing. She ran over to the crowd of dead walkers.

"Mom," she said, flipping one over. It started growling, grabbing her pigtails.

You ran over as fast as you could, grabbing Beth and pulling her away.

A few others helped you, and the others grabbed the walker, trying to get it in the other direction.

Andrea grabbed a scythe and stabbed it through the head.

The Greenes started walking back to the farm, followed by Shane and Rick. Shane was yelling at them. You didn't follow them. You were too busy trying to wrap your head around this.

"All this time... I-" you shook your head. Tears stung in your eyes. You knew you didn't know her, but it was just... You knew how it felt to lose someone close to you, and this just brought it all back.

You wiped your eyes and went to the camp. You needed to sit down. This was too much, too fast. You knew Shane had just gotten all of you kicked off the farm. You were going to lose safety and shelter, and your friends.

All because Shane had to be a complete moron and open those doors.

You sat down in front of the tent, on the ground. This sucked.

You heard footsteps behind you and pulled out your knife.

"Whoa!" Glenn laughed. You sighed and put the knife back in your pocket.

He sat down beside you. "You okay? I know that finding her meant a lot to you."

You ran a hand through your hair. "I'm fine. Actually, that was a lie. I'm not too great."

"Do you need anything?" he asked.

You laid your head on his shoulder. He put his arm around you.

"Just this," you said. "I'll be fine. I just... Today reminded me that I've lost people. And, chances are, I'll lose more. And I don't want to."

"You'll always have me. I promised that much," he said.

"Thanks," you said, sitting up so you could see him.

You remembered another promise-- Maggie's; she promised you that he liked you. You knew you had to tell him before it was too late.

"Glenn, I lied to you," you said suddenly. No looking back now.

"About what?" he asked.

"I lied to you about liking you. I do. I really, really like you. A lot. And I don't know if you like me back-"

He kissed you in the middle of your sentence, putting his hands on the sides of your face. You kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his neck as his hands moved to your waist. He smiled into the kiss.

You pulled away for a moment.

"I'm going to take that as a yes, you do like me back," you said. He laughed and kissed you again.

~
Thanks for 2K reads!!! <3