Chapter 5

A/N That vote that you guys did is going to take time to prepare.

Reader's POV

Everything was the same as usual. Raid, help Cinder and kill innocent. Right now we were raiding a village at night. Everything was burning, villagers trying to fight back and failing miserably. Emily and I were taking three farmers to the rest of the survivors. Emily had a look of worry and sorrow. Adam and some members were walking around the group of villagers. I stood a few feet away with some other members circling them. I looked around and saw bodies and members carrying bags and boxes of loot. The villagers scared, worried and sad.

"Let this be a reminder to those who oppose us," Adam said circling them. "Kill them. Kill them all."

I raised my pistols along with other members. We opened fire, gunning them down. Their screams were painful to here. Mothers trying to shield their children and fathers trying to shield their wives. Once everything settled, everyone started to walk back to the bullheads. I, instead, dropped my guns and fell to my knees. I looked around and refused to believe this is how we get equality. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Emily. She had a sad smile and helped my to my feet. I picked up my weapons and made my way to the shuttles.

On our way back I couldn't help, but remember the faces of the family. I looked at my weapons and gripped them tightly. I felt the bullhead land and the doors opened. We started unloaded the crates from the bullheads. A crowd formed to hear what Adam has to say.

"Another successful raid," he started," soon we will have the equality we need."

Those words struck me like an arrow in a tree. I started to breathe heavily and remembering the faces. Emily must have noticed because she tried to comfort me. I dropped the box I was carrying. I started to make my way to Adam,  pushing my way through the crowd. Adam continued to speak his lies not noticing me running at him. He turned his head and noticed me. Before he could react my fist slammed against his jaw. He stumbled and fell to his knee. I growled before turning to crowd.

"He is lying!" I yelled pointing to him," we are not gaining equality. We are just turning into murders!"

Everyone looked at me and stopped what they were doing.

"On that raid we killed innocent people! There were children and families and we took them away from them!" I yelled.

The ones on the raid looked at me before looking at there weapons. Adam stood up rubbing his jaw.

"This is the only way to to bring equality to our people," he motioned for guards.

"No it's not!" I said before getting grabbed." Let me go! Is this what you want! Bloodshed? For what?! There are other ways of getting equality!"

I struggled, trying to get away from they're grasp. One guard kicked the back of my leg, dropping me to my knees before knocking me unconscious.