Chapter17

Carmen P.O.V

Where are you going now?
Why are you slowing down?
Why, why, why?
Where are we going?
Why are we slowing down?
Where are you going?
We should be growing now!

Tryna visualize how to get it right
But my vision's so blurry.
Tryna slow it down,
Stay close to the ground
But were always in a hurry now!
And if I could make this world spin a little slower
Then I would, and we could grow a little closer!
I think we’re getting closer!

Growing Too Apart - Jhené Aiko

"Hey Boo, this is a nice place you got here" I said pulling Terran in for a hug.

"Thanks girl, you know i gotta do it big." I looked around her house scanning the room of unfamiliar faces until i crossed one that looked familiar. I bet i looked so stupid straining my eyes as if i was blind. I hope this isn't who i think it is.

'hey uhm Tee, who's that girl with the green dress on?" I said quietly to Terran.

"Oh that's my cousin Marissa, she's here with her fine ass boyfriend, Chresanto." She said grinning from ear to ear as if she was describing a sex god.

"ChrChresanto August?" I said choking on my words.

"Yeahh .. you know the rapper?"

"nah, never heard of him." I said quickly covering up the truth. Even though Tee and I are close, i still never mentioned Chres, it made me feel stronger at the moment, not bringing him up.

"Oh well let me introduce you to her" she grabbed my hand pulling me along to meet the girl i already despised. Like i mentioned earlier, she was wearing a short green dress with brown gladiator sandals. Her hair was brown and long with blonde tips at the bottom. It was gorgeous.

"Hey Rissa, this is my best friend Carmen, you know the one I always talk about?" I flashed her a smile as she reached out for my hand, yeah she's most likely the home wrecker of Chres and I's past relationship but i still had to be cordial though .. ya girl gotta say classy.

"Hi" i said shaking her hand.

"Hey, one thing about me you should know .. I'm a huger." She pulled me in for a hug. I was thrown off by her sudden generosity. "And Tee really does tell me a lot about you, any friend of hers is a friend of mine, nice to meet you and if i may say you're gorgeous."

"Thanks, i can say the same to you. I said giving her one last smile before giving my attention back to Tee.

Chresanto P.O.V

"Alright man .. here i go" I said turning to Ray, Prince, and Prod. "I'm about to change my life for the better." I pulled out the velvet box and picked up the microphone. Terran hooked it up previously after i told her my plans, she couldn't believe i was proposing that soon, but i wasn't concerned with her.

"Hello Hello Hello" I spoke in the mic, as everyone's head snapped in my direction. "Uhm I have an announcement to make and Marissa baby this one concerns you." I Said getting down on one knee in front of her. "Will you make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?" Her eyes filled with water and she shook her head constantly, whispering yes. I slid the ring on her finger, then spun her around in a circle hugging her tightly. But as i looked over her shoulder after pecking her lips, I noticed this girl with big hazel eyes and a light skin complexion ... It was Carmen. Her mouth was wide open and her big beautiful eyes were filled with water. In the blink of an eye she was pushing through the crowd of heart-felt people that were busy congratulating Marissa on the proposal, but Terran chased after her and for some odd reason .. I had to follow .

What do ya'll think Chres is gonna do now? What would you want him to do ?

Is it good or nahh?"

+5 votes

+5 comments