Chapter 2

Setting: Friday Afternoon At Red Sky Hookah Lounge

The hookah lounge was a spot we had been linking up at since freshman year. The owner was my cousin so he let us smoke and drink as long as we kept it between us. We meet there every Friday after fourth period. It was a spot where we could be ourselves and didn't have to pretend to be perfect little angels.

"We'll have the usually Mike." Sky said to the waiter. "So where yall think Simone ran off to this time?" Monae said. "Girl who knows, she's probably with Tae." Sky said. "Nah, she'll never blow us off for Tae," I said. "Yeah, you're probably right." They said. "Speaking of the devil isn't that Tae right there," I said. We all looked towards the entrance door. "Hey, Tae." Sky said in her petty voice. Tae smiled as she looked over at us, she then walked over to our table. "Wassup ladies, what yall getting into today?" She said as she leaned against our table. "Nothing just chilling as usually, you saw our girl, Simone?" I said. "Nah, she told me told she had to take care of her grandma so I said alright." She said. "Bitch I know you lying, she told us some bullshit ass lie about babysitting her dog and Ice just let it slide." Sky said. Monae busted out laughing, "ah looks like she lied to both of y'all dumb asses." "Nah fuck that I'm finna get to the bottom of this," Tae said as she took her phone out her pocket. "Aye, Tiff text her real quick and say you still babysitting your dog? I'm finna text her and ask her is she still taking her of her grandma." Tae said. "Ight bet."

Text messages between Tiff & Simone
Tiff: You still at watching your dog?
Simone Bestfri🔚💚: Yeah sis, why wassup? 👀
Tiff: Nothing boo, just checking on you
Simone Bestfri🔚💚: Aww, that's why I love you, sis.
Tiff: I love you too 😘.

"She said yeah," I told Tae. "Alright."
She responded.

Text Messages between Tae & Simone
Tae: Wassup Babe, How yo grandma doing?
Babe🐯🔐💜: She doing good, she actually starting to feel better.
Tae: Oh alright, well I'm finna bring you something to eat.
Babe🐯🔐💜: I actually ate already.
Tae: alright, well I'm finna come thru and chill with you for a bit.
Babe🐯🔐💜: My grandma actually getting worse so I think it's best if you stay away.
Tae: you just said she was getting better, which one is it the fuck?
Babe🐯🔐💜: She was earlier but now she coughing really bad, I gtg I'll text you later baby.
Tae: alright man.

"Shorty lying about some but I ain't tripping yall know how I get down," Tae said. "Trust me we know Tae," Monae said. "She been dipping out on us for weeks now, and nobody knows where too. We really gone keep letting this shit slide?" Sky said. "Simone just being Simone, she'll come around eventually just chill out," I said. "Well until then ima do me, i"ll fuck with yall later," Tae said. "Alright, see ya."