Chapter 4

Setting: Friday Night At Tiffany's House

I heard a knock at the door when I was in the middle of fixing my hair. I quickly tied it in a messy bun and ran down stairs and opened the door only to see pink roses covering her face. "Oh my gosh babe, you shouldn't have," I said grabbing the flowers from her. "You deserve the best, so ima gives it to you." She said as she stepped inside. I smiled and walked to the kitchen to put the flowers in the vase. "So how was your day," she shouted from the living room. "Oh, it was fine, the typically Friday for us," I said back. "Let me guess chilling at Red Sky?" she mumbled with an attitude. "You know it," I said back. "You know Kisha work up there now." She said. I slowly stepped out the kitchen walking towards the living room. "Yeah I know and I don't give a fuck about your delusional ex-bitch," I said back. "You know that bitch crazy, what if she follows you home one day?" She shouted. "I'm never up there alone Tori, it's always me and the girls." "Like you tripping for nothing," I shouted back. "How the fuck I'm tripping I'm just looking out for you but you acting dumb & shit." She said back. "We wouldn't even be arguing about this shit if you never dated that crazy bitch in the first place." "Matter of fact it's my fault for being gay and knowing all studs have crazy ex-girlfriends," I said quietly. "Oh so now you don't wanna be gay no more?" She chuckled as she turned around. "Bet." and before I could even take it back she was out the door and probably out my life. This day couldn't get any better for me. I'm just finna take a nap until she cools down and hopefully she comes back.

After my nap, I realized my mom was home from work. I rushed down stairs to give her a hug. Our bond was so close, it was like we were sisters. After our hug, I ask her how her day was & she immediately noticed my neck. I had completely forgotten about it. "What happened to your neck Tiffany!" "What are you talking about?" I grabbed my neck acting stupid as if I didn't know Ryan choked me earlier. There are bruises on your neck! She grabbed me by my arm and dragged me to the hallway bathroom. "Oh my gosh," I screamed. I knew Ryan had choked me but I didn't know it was that bad, there were black and purple bruises all down my neck. "What happen Tiffany?" I froze. I didn't know what to say. "I'm not gonna ask you again." "I don't know, I literally just woke up so maybe it's something from my bed," I said. "You better not be lying to me young lady," she said looking me dead in my eyes. "I'm not."