Chapter 3

Setting: Friday Evening Driving Thru Houston

"I personally think we should be snooping around trying to figure out where Simone at, instead of sitting here," Monae said. "Alright Alright damn," I said.I called the waiter over and handed him a fifty dollar bill. "Tell my unc I said hey if he stops by," I said. "Alright, have a nice day." He said as we walked out. "Now where exactly are we suppose to fucking look, cause she not at her house or grandma house," I said as I drove out of the parking lot. "Uhmm try the strip club," Monae said. "She right, it is Friday." Sky said behind her. "Yeah bitch Friday in the afternoon. Simone never works this earlier." I said giving both of them a stupid look. "You don't know that she probably getting some extra money. College tuition is high girl." By the time Sky finished talking I had already pulled into the strip club's parking lot. "All of us don't need to go in if Ryan see's us y'all already know he's gonna want us to stay and work tonight," I said. "Yeah gone head and go by yourself cause I'm not working tonight I'm finna meet up with Liz." Sky said. "Meet up as in Netflix & chill or studying?" I laughed and said. "Girl Netflix and chilling!" She said. Monae and I immediately busted out laughing. "Just earlier you said you'll never ask her out and now yall finna Netflix and chill?" I said. "Well, i gave some thought to what you said." Sky replied. "I see, but let me get in here and see if Simone inside," I responded. "Alright."

I walked inside only to see Ryan's face. "Fuck," I mumbled to myself as he shouted my name and walked towards me. "TIFFANNYY, BABY THAT'S YOU. "WASSSUUPPP KINFOLK," he said as the spit from his rusted old grill flew onto my chest. "Hey Ryan, is Simone here?" I said. "Nah, but she better be here tonight I need my money," he said with frustration. "Yeah yeah alright bye," I said walking out. He grabbed me by my neck making me turn back towards him. "All four of yall asses better be here tonight." He squeezed my neck harder and harder as he spoke. My tears soon began to fall. I could hardly breathe. "I'm not playing about my money," he said. "Al..alright Ryan we'll be here," I said as my throat slowly closed up. He then let go. "Now get yo ass out my club." He pushed me against the wall then walked away. I slowly got up and walked out. "So was she in there?" Monae said. "If she was in there she would have come out with me." "Ughhh attitude bitch," Monae replied back. I ignored her and drove to Sky's house so she could get ready for her date with Liz. I then dropped off Monae at her cousin's house, they were having some kind of family crisis. Everybody had something to do tonight besides me so I called up Tori of course and told her to come over.