Chapter 7

Setting: Saturday Morning At Tiffany's House

The next day was just as worse as yesterdays. Tori still hadn't called or texted me. I was going crazy. I called her over 30 times, even called her cousin Tae, nothing worked. I wanted to pop up at her house but she had already gone off on me for popping up last night. The girls suggested we go shopping to get my mind off on things but I wasn't in the shopping mood. I just had to know where Tori was, she was everything to me. I've given 5 years of my life to her I couldn't just sit there and go shopping like nothing didn't happen last night. So I called Ryan, "Hey, have you seen Tori?" I asked nervously. "Yeah, I was actually just dropped her off at home." He said back. "Mhm, So what was last night about?" I replied. He laughed and said, "Now that's grown folks business, didn't ya mama ever tell you to stay in a child's place." I was starting to get fed up and wanted to go off but I knew he would kill me if I did. "So you ignoring me now?" He said. "No, I was just about to say something but I forgot," I said back. "Now see if you were at work last night like you were supposed to be you wouldn't even know about me and Tori's lil situation, but you and them nappy headed ass girls do what y'all wanna do so I got something for y'all." But no wa- and before I could even finish he had hung up. Now I have two problems on my hands. Ryan was a dangerous man that a lot of people underestimated, but my girls and I found out the hard way. In his mind, we were his pets. He wanted to keep us on a leash and threatened to beat us if we disobeyed him. And I know what your thinking, why didn't we just tell the police? It's not as easy as it looks, Ryan has his little goons on every corner in Houston, we wouldn't even make it to the police station alive. We had no one to run to but each other I think that's what actually made us closer, the thought of actually losing one another.

The girls still wanted to go shopping, they wouldn't take no for an answer. They said they would drag me there if I didn't, so I saved them the energy and said yes. We went to the Woodlands Mall, it was completely packed. I guess everybody wanted to go on a shopping spree today. The first store we went into was Wet Seal, the girls started rushing to racks and picking up outfits asking me a thousand questions like whats my size, what color do I like, and is this cute. I was completely confused until I checked my phone and saw what day it was tomorrow. I was completely thrown off guard with the fight we had, then last night, and today with Ryan. Our 5 year and 3 month anniversary was almost here and we're not even speaking. GREAT.