Chapter 1

There was finally peace in the space, Zarkon had finally been defeated, they were able to find Shiro and Matt in a pod escaping from a galra ship, Pidge was finally reunited with his brother and shiro was back in the team.
Now they were going to have to focus on making their alliances through the galaxy stronger, in case there was ever another attack.

They were currently staying at the Balmera planet, Hunk was very happy to be reunited with Shay, they really seem to love each other.
It was summer and the surface of the planet was warm itself, it was pretty hot, temperature reaching the high eighties, all the Paladins were wearing normal clothing, trying to keep themselves cool in that awful heat, even Allura and Coran were wearing different clothing.
Keith was sitting in one of the legs of the ship, were he was away from the hot sun, he watched his friends, his family, do all kinds of different things nearby. Shay was with Hunk, she was teaching him about all the powers of the cristals and how to talk to the planet using his hand as the native did, pidge was telling all her adventures to his brother, even tho it had been like three weeks since Matt joined them, it seemed like they still had a lot to catch up, on the other side were Shiro and Coran, Coran seemed to be telling Shiro all the amazing stories about the Balmera beast, the living planet, and then there were Allura and lance talking to one another, but Keith could tell that lance was flirting with her for the look on his face.
Keith sighed, lance would never stop flirting, would he?, he decided he would "interrupt" their little conversation, somehow he didn't like seeing lance flirting with other girls or aliens lately, actually, he was feeling pretty weird lately, he brushed the thought away.

He didn't do more that a few steps when a sharp pain shot through his spine making him fall to his knees and let out a pained croak, it was like someone had electrocuted him, his chest tightened as he started panting and his vision started to get blurry.

Something was wrong, something was hell wrong, what was happening to him?!

He needed to call someone, but it was so hard to breath, he used all his strength in one name
"L-Lance!" He called hoping that he would hear him, and hopefully he did, the Cuban boy ran towards him with wide eyes.
"Keith?! Keith?! Buddy what's wrong?!" Lance crawled Keith carefully, seeing in how much pain the red paladin was. Allura went to call the others and in no time they were all around Keith and lance.
Lance didn't really know why but he didn't want anyone close to Keith, he seemed so vulnerable, he held Keith closer to him when Shiro approached.
"Keith what's wrong?" He said with a calm voice
"I-I don't know..." Keith was feeling hotter and hotter each second, he felt like someone was squeezing his throat making him unable to breathe correctly "I-I c-can't breathe"
Lance's eyes widen in worrying, pidge placed a hand on Keith's forehead "he is burning, maybe he has a fever we should take him inside".
Lance nods as he held Keith up "don't worry buddy you are going to be ok"
Keith grabbed lance's shirt tightly, he didn't know why but he felt safe being around lance and feeling his scent so close made him calm down a little from all the pain he was going through. Lance placed Keith on his bed and waited for Coran to come in with some wet towels that lance placed carefully on Keith's forehead. Each of them made Keith shiver to the touch, lance was really worried, to not say panicking, about his friend, he has never seen Keith in such a state, he always looked so strong like nothing could take him down, and yet there he was squirming and letting out small Painful sounds at what it seemed like a weird kind of strong fever.
It was after the fifth towel that lance placed in Keith's forehead that he noticed something purple around Keith's left cheek, he brushed it with his fingers.
It was soft, a purple and soft haired mark appeared on Keith's face. Could this mean he is turning into a..
A hand grabbing his interrupted his thoughts, it was Keith, he was finally awake.
"Hey you really scared us all back there, are you feeling better?" Said lance with a soft and caring tone of voice.
"Better than before, it's still pretty hot tho" he said giving lance a tired smile.
Then Lance remembered the purple furry spot in Keith's left cheek, so he grabbed Keith gently by the jaw turning his head slightly to see it better and confirm that he didn't imagined it, and he didn't, cause' there it was, a purple furry spot that just seemed to get bigger and bigger
Keith blushed to the touch "L-Lance what are you looking at?..."
"You have a purple fluffy thing on your face"
"What?!" Keith said sitting up and absolutely regretted doing such a fast and sudden movement, his head went all dizzy and he had to look for lance to not fall again on the bed causing probably another dizziness.
Lance grabbed him "wow easy you just had the highest fever I've ever seen, relax"
"Lance how can I "relax" when there is a purple thing growing on my face? It could be some sort of bacteria! Or worst I could be turning gal.." he stopped and thought "no no way that's imposible"
"Well maybe it is posible...you are half galra, and we don't really know much about the race, we didn't even know that there were hybrids like you, so maybe you grow a tail and some cute fluffy ears too" Lance said trying to make Keith relax a bit but he only put him in a more nervous state, Keith was scared he could feel it somehow, this was weird, he has never felt this way about Keith, of course he will always worry about him, they were a team after all, but this he was feeling was much more stronger that just teammates caring, no, he felt like he needed to protect Keith, he needed to keep him close and make sure that he was safe and happy.
Before he could notice some tears started to go  down Keith's face and he couldn't help hugging the red Paladin, rubbing his back trying to comfort him.
"Lance if I turn Galra everyone will hate me...I'll be alone again..."
"I won't hate you, and I'll never leave you Keith so don't worry" Lance felt Keith's hands gripping his shirt tighter "if you continue holding my shirt like that you are going to end up ripping it " he heard Keith giggle and that made a bright smile appear on Lance's face
"Thank you lance" Keith said looking at Lance with a small smile, Lance gently whipped away Keith's tears with his thumb.
"You should rest now" he said to Keith before getting up from the bed they were both sitting on, but a hand that grabbed him by his wrist stopped him from leaving.
"C-could you stay please?" He could hardly notice a slight blush on Keith's cheeks, he accepted and both curled in bed, Keith placed his head in Lance's chest he felt safe with him, Lance gently played with Keith's hair.
A purr escaped from Keith's throat surprising both of them "I-I'm so sorry I didn't know I could do that I-I'm so sor-" Lance shushed him with a small kiss on his forehead "that was too cute even for you, now try to sleep"
Keith smiled, was Lance always this sweet?, he felt like he could stay with him right there forever...wait...does that mean that he likes Lance?...no no no that couldn't be, he was maybe tired and confused because of all the situation.
Keith fell asleep hugging lance tightly.