7 / Crossroads

Two days later, I am still in shock.

I remember Hazel telling to me about Hecate, goddess of magic and crossroads.

Well, I appear to have reached a crossroads.

I can forget Calypso, and return to camp, maybe find another girl, get married, have kids, I'd have all my friends around me, everyone I love and care about.

Except Calpso.

I know, even as I think this option through, that I couldn'd do that. I'm shocked that I could even think of leaving her.

But my only other option includes betreying my frineds, possibly killing 2 of them, and making them hate my guts for all eternity.

Can I really do that? Betrey my only frineds for the girl I love?

The scariest thing is, that a voice in my head quietly addmits,

Yes, I could.

~

I glance out of my cabin window, I should be on deck right now, helping to land the ship. I can see camp, see crowds of Demi-gods standing, waiting...

Waiting for us, the saviors of Olympus. But then title comes with a heavy price.

Jason is gone.

I'm not sad really, see he's not dead. He's a god. He saved the world.

Someone knocks on the door into my cabin, Calypso peers around the door.

At once, my world brightens. She's light a ray of sunlight, chasing away the clouds of regret (poetry people, pure peotry)

"Percy said to come get you." is all she says before dissapearing.

I sigh, telling myself off for hoping...

But, hey, as long as there's life there's hope right? And it's not light she's a thousand miles away anymore.

I bounce up the stairs onto the deck.

"Right guys! Let's bring this baby home!" I sing.

Everyone seems to visiably brighten, even Piper.

The ship glides own to the landing platfrom at camp. Percy throws the rope ladder over the side and climbs down, followed by Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, Piper, leaving me and Calypso.

I guesture for her to go next but she shaked her head.

I slowly climb down the ladder and Calypso follows me.

I jump down onto the ground and wait for Calypso. About 2 meters of the ground, her foot misses a rung on the ladder. She grabs desperatly at the ropes but too late! She tips backwards, and falls towards the ground.

I start forwards and catch her just before she lands on the ground.

For a second she clings to me, breathing fast.

I carefully wrap my arms around her and let her rest her head on my chest. She fits against me like perfectly. 

We stand there for a second, two seconds, then she pulls away.

"Thank you." She says carefully, her face is a mask of calm, and slight disdain, but I felt the chemistry that we had for a second, and so did she. Maybe, just maybe, there's a chance for us yet...

~

I wake up. Yes there was a chance, there still is. And I know in that instant that I will do anything to get her back.

A/N - Short and boring, sorry guys!

Just wanted to say - THANK YOU so much to everone who reads this! I love you guys so much! Please keep reading and comment! Love ya!

I've started a potential Percabeth book, meaning it could be Percabeth... or not. But there will be other pairings from Percy Jackson and the Olympians as well. Anyone who's interested, please read and comment! It's called 'WANTED' and it's based on wolflover72's book 'Wanted'