11 / Fortunes

A/N - Sorry about the weird way this chapter was updated, I typed it all out but it didn't save properly. Then I published it, but only half if it published or something weird...

I don't really understand it.

Anyway, here's the next chapter!

I was the last person left at the Hephaestus table the morning after we got back to camp.

I took my time eating breakfast, enjoying the fact that, for the first time in months, I didn't have to rush.

Someone slipped onto the bench next to my.

"Hey." Calypso said quietly.

My heart beat faster.

Breath Leo, I told myself, just breath.

"You're not aloud to sit at other cabin's tables. Chiron won't be happy." I said.

She shrugged.

My heart was beating so fast, everyone in camp could probably hear it.

This was the first time we'd said more than a few words to each other since we were on the island.

"So, are you talking to me now?" I blurted out. It's my ADHD, it makes me say whatever's on my mind.

"Was I not talking to you before?" she asked.

"You've been avoiding me."

"Well, if you want me to keep avoiding you -" she stood up and turned to leave.

"No!" I almost shouted, grabbing her arm.

She froze and I quickly let go of her arm.

Reluctantly she sat back down.

We sat in silence for a while.

"Chiron said I should ask someone to show me around camp." Calypso said.

A smile spread across my face.

"And you want me to show you round?" I asked, excited.

"You're the only person who's free."

My smile faltered.

"So your ladyship, where do you want to go?" I asked, trying to avoid showing how upset I was.

But she must have noticed, because she smiled and said:

"What's that building by the forest for?"

She pointed at a low-built creamy building near the edge if the forest.

"That's the stables." I explained, "Do you want to go there?"

"What are 'stables'?" she asked.

"Come on, I'll show you."

We walked side-by-side to the stables. We didn't hold hands, we didn't touch at all. Anyone watching might have said we were total strangers. Not even friends, definitely not anything more than friends...

I opened one of the stable doors and a Pegasus stuck his head out the door.

Calypso gasped and grabbed my arm.

"W-what is that?!" she gasped.

"It's just a Pegasus!" I smiled, "Kind of like a horse with wings."