Chapter 5

Harry POV

"Sorry, you've been what?" Draco stared at me in shock, eyes wide and doing a good impression of a fish. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"I have been talking to Voldie using a pair of linked journals for the past couple of months." I spoke slowly, as though trying to get it through the bonde's thick skull. However it didn't seem to really be needed if the sudden feminine squealing had any indication.

"What in the world?" I blinked at him. 'Did I break his brain or something?'

"Good. This is good." I was about to say something else but Draco stood up and walked out of the room before I could, a huge grin splitting his face in two. Completely confused, I take the journal back out as it begins to burn with a new message.

Hello Harry

Hello again, what's up?

Your exams are over right?

Yeah, they finished yesterday, we will be headed back home for the summer tomorrow morning.

Excellent. I want to go ahead and have the prison break during your summer break. I was thinking we could do it in a month's time.

Yeah, that sounds good. Just let me know what day exactly so I can be prepared.

Of course. Until next time, then. Have a good day, Harry.

You too, Voldie.

I closed the journal, sliding it back into one of my pockets before heading down to the farewell feast.

On the way back to Kings Cross, Remus explained to me that he resigned due to feeling he wasn't suited to be a teacher right now. I accepted this easily enough, knowing it was going to happen. I had not told him yet that Sirius would be waiting for us at Potter Cottage, the wards having notified me of his arrival.

3rd PPOV

Lucius Malfoy sat at a table in the Three Broomsticks, facing a disguised Igor with a blank face. As of right now the only people to know of Voldemort's return are Lucius himself, Narcissa, Draco, Quirrell, Harry and Peter. Igor was gesturing wildly with his hands, face screwed up into an angry scowl. However, his eyes shown of terror.

"Come on Malfoy, you must defect with me! It's our only chance of survival! You daft fool!" Malfoy kept his face carefully blank, not wanting to give anything away to such an idiot.

"I will not," was his calm reply. However, Lucius barely had time to blink before Igor made a strange motion with his hand and three death eaters converged on them. Knowing it would be unwise to fight in such a public place, Lucius moved to disapparate. Before he could, one of the

cloaked men manages to catch his right side with an overpowered reducto. Lucius feels himself blacking out as he disapparates, the feel of carpet and the sound of a frantic house elf the only things he is aware of. Managing to locate the fire place, he fire calls Severus before he passes out. He knows there is blood staining the carpet in a large pool around his body, and trusts his house elf to handle it from there.

Severus POV

I was in the middle of organizing potions in my personal stores when I receive a fire call. Confused, I placed the glass vial back down on the shelf and walked towards my fireplace. I expected to see some witch or wizard, but was greeted with a house elf in tears. It took a few seconds - longer than I would have liked- to realize it's Lucius' elf.