Chapter Seven

Harry POV

The Great Hall is full of chatter as it normally is during the Welcoming Feast, all the returning students waiting patiently for the first years to be brought in for sorting. I seem to be the only one not looking forward to the coming year, hoping it doesn't go as it had last time. I'm sitting at the Slytherin table beside Draco as usual, listening to him talk about the anonymous letters he keeps getting. 'It seems they haven't approached him in person yet. Though I highly doubt that will last for much longer. Maybe they will ask him to the ball.'

"Harry who do you think is sending me this stuff?" Draco turned to me, his grey eyes curious.

"I know exactly who it is, but it would take all the fun and mystery out of it if I told, Draco." I grinned at him, stifling a chuckle when he forces back a pout.

"Can we know who it is?" Pansy asked, Blaise nodding to her question.

Shaking my head, I place my head on my palm before replying, "of course not. The chances of you telling Draco after I tell you are very high. We all know how well you keep things like crushes as secret."

"I promise I won't tell anyone!"

"Sorry, besides it's not really my secret to tell anyways. You will just have to wait and find out when everyone else does. Besides I doubt you will be waiting a whole lot longer."

Our conversation is cut off when Dumbledore begins speaking and the first years file in.

'Okay, so did the other schools arrive before or after or during the feast? I don't remember. I assume they arrive during the feast, after the sorting is done and Dumbledore explains the Championship and shows off the flame. Should I leave Jr. alone and ignore him or help him? Really I am not even entirely sure why Voldie insisted on having him here since he won't need to resurrect himself. I think I should just ignore him for now, unless Voldie specifically asks me to do something.'

Not too much longer and Dumbledore begins talking about the Triwizard Championship, the entire hall erupting into disappointment at the age restriction.

"That sucks. I would have liked to enter my name." Draco hummed out with a small sigh.

"Why? It's an extremely dangerous tournament that could get you badly injured or killed. It's not worth it." I shake my head, ignoring the raising of Draco's eyebrow. His attention was diverted to the opening of the doors, and the loud banging of staffs to the floor. Sparks coming off the bottoms, Draco automatically drawing his eyes to the form of Viktor Krum. I covered my mouth to hide a snort, not surprised Draco would have a sort of crush on him. 'I will have to warn the twins that Draco's attention is being diverted to someone else.'

The feast ends about an hour later and we head to our common rooms, since classes don't start until the following day. I spend the rest of the day in the room I still share with Draco, going through the books for that year.

Shortly before lunch I find the twins in the library, heads bent together over a rather large book.

"Hey guys." I grin, their smiles greeting me.

"Hiya Harry!"

"What brings you-

"To the library-

"On this fine day?"

I take a seat across from them, letting my smile drop slightly.

"There's a person that needs to be pranked. Draco seems to be diverting his attention from you to him. I know very well that this guy is Bi, though he will be more interested in a lion."