Chapter Three

The front door closed and Ms. Parrish's voice rang out.

"Oh Robyn! I didn't think you'd be home so soon." She said. Her voice sounded nervous. "Hey Jennifer." Robyn watched the older woman as she dried her hands on the ran and drapped it over the railing of the stairs.

"Same to you mama." Robyn mumbled as she sat Morgan's carseat by the stairs and unclipped the baby from the carrier. She took the baby out of the seat and held her for Jen to take.

Upstairs in the room, Mel looked horrified, Ed was shocked, Kachi mumbked an 'oh shit' and Yani jsut sat there with a pale face.

"Who is mama talking to?" Kehlani asked gaining her friends attention. All heads snapped her way. Mel bit down on her bottom lip.

The friends knew how angry Robyn can get. Especially over Kehlani. It has been awhile since she's seen her. Robyn couldn't make it to her visits because she was away in Japan doing a fashion show. And she barely had time to visit her months before because she was travelling in and out the country. But still. This was something Robyn didn't know. And everyone knows, that when Robyn is left out of something, the outcome of it isn't pretty.

Like the first weeks of pregnancy.

Before any friends could stop Kehlani, she wandered out of the room and down the hall to the staircase. "Ma who are you talking to?"

Robyn heard the voice. Her eyes narrowed as her eyebrows furrowed. Looking towards the stairs then up, Robyn's breathe caught in her throat. It seemed as everthing had stopped in times motion as she looked up. A deep frown growing on her face. The inside of her body stirred and she found herself seeing red.

"WHAT THE HELL!!!" She screamed. The car keys in her hand slamming on the floor roughly.

She looked towards Ms. Parrish then towards Kehlani. Her voice started to crack, she could fell it. Her eyes watering, which was a rare thing. Her lip quivered and her jaw shook. Eyebrows scrunching. She pointed her hand towards Kehlani then sat it down, then pointed it again as she moved from left to right. Her frown growing.

"What-...o-oh my gosh!" Robyn finally breathe out as a tear slid down her cheek. She shook her head, clutched her chest and walked the opposite directionup the other set of stairs.

She looked towards Kehlani as she stood in front of her. She shook her head again and embraced her in a hug, tightly. Planting her face on the girl's shoulder and released another shaky breath of air.

Everybody had shocked faces. They thought the situation would be different when Robyn found out, but of course it always came different to the light-skin tattooed 22 year old in her arms. It was clear that she didn't want to let her fo in fear of actually losing her this time.

Robyn pulled away and allowed Kehlani to wipe her tears. "Don't cry you don't wanna be a bitch ass like Edward." She joked nodding towards her friend behind her.

Robyn shook her head, wiped her own eyes and put on a weak smile. "I'm just happy you're home." Her voice cracked. And with that she turned on her heels and headed for her bedroom. Letting out some of her anger through a blunt on the balcony.

"She seems nice." Kehlani said, oblivious to the whole thing.

"Turst me she isn't." Mel said.

"Should we go check on her?" A concerned Kehlani asked as she glanced in the direction Robyn had run away to. Mel linked their arms.

"Best not until dinner time." Her mom said. Kehlani nodded following Melissa and the others back into the room they we're previously inside, but not before looking back down the other hallway in worry.

---------------

A la nanita nana
Nanita ella, nanita ella
Mi niña tiene sueño
Bendito sea, bendita sea

Fuentecita que corre
Clara y sonora
Ruiseñor que en la selva
Cantando y llora
Calla mientras la cuna
Se balancea
A la nanita nana
Nanita ella

Robyn sang those lyrics to her sleeping baby before laying her gently down next to her in the bed.

Her mind was still in a frenzy, trying to grasp onto the fact that she was alive and well, talking and eating, communicating and laughing just like any other normal person would. But she was no normal person. She was able to jump back into her life without her memories and not have to worry about anything. She envied that.

Robyn wanted to not worry, but instead she did. She worried that since she's home, will they come back. She worried that if she'd remember her, like she remembered her. She worried that Morgan would grow up to not know who birth her. She worried, alot. Even when she tried not to. She always felt the need to.

Getting comfortable in bed, Robyn turned over to glance at her sleepy face. Her's, Morgan's, Franklin's at the bottom of the bed. This was how it used to be. How it was supposed to be.

Her eyes raked over her face. Beautiful, soft features relaxed as her head slept on the pillow. Not a worry in the world. She was able to sleep peacefully instead of restless.

Robyn watched over her face the rest of the night. Watching how her eyebrows furrowed, how her bottom lip went between her teeth and how her head clutched the bottom right of thr pillow. Then she watched how she relaxed once Morgan flipped her body and cuddled into her chest.

She saw the faint smile on her face. Pure. That's what it had to be. Pure love.