Chapter Fourteen

☃️December☃️

Kehlani woke in a sweat and jumped upright in bed, her hand feeling around for the other 3 people supposed to be in her bed, but not there. Kehlani threw the covers off of her and slipped on her white robe with her Star Wars footies.

She raced down the stairs, almost falling until she was in the living room. The Christmas tree was lit up like Towns Square in New York. Kehlani checked the presents under there, making sure everything was there.

It was going on 11:30 at night and Kehlani wanted everything to be perfect for tomorrow morning. Everybody's family was here. Either on her side or Robyn's, she still wanted everything to be perfect.

Kehlani walked into the kitchen to check on the food that was still inside the oven. Then she checked the fridge to make sure all the food was in its right place. Kehlani set the table and cleaned the living room up.

Through all of that, Kehlani sat back and made a cup of hot chocolate. She took a sip of it amd sighed, leaning against the counter.

She jumped a little almost dropping the cup and spun around to see her little niece.

"Maj watchu doing up?"

"I gotta pee pee." She mumbled. Kehlani chuckled shaking her head. Majesty went the wrong direction from her bedroom. She guided Majesty up the stairs and into the bathroom. After that, she put Majesty back to sleep with the other kids.

Kehlani walked back down the stairs to go get her cup when she seen Morgan drinking from it. Kehlani gasped looking at Robyn.

"You got my baby drinking hot chocolate at this time of night?" Kehlani whispered/yelled.

Robyn just shrugged taking the cup from Morgan's lips. The baby started whining a reaching for it.

"Now look at watchu did." Kehlani snarled. She walked over and grabbed the baby from the counter and started soothing her back so she could go to sleep.

"Was that Maj up?" Kehlani nodded her head. "Bathroom?" Kehlani nodded again.

They walked back upstairs and into the bedroom. Kehlani laid down Morgan who went back to sleep easily and got inside herself. Robyn got in afterwards. Seconds later, Franklin barked and climbed up the bed and laid at Kehlani's feet.

They all fell asleep.

☃️Next Morning☃️

Little feet rushed down the stairs as Kehlani sat plates of pancakes on the plate. She took the scrambled eggs out the skillet and placed them on another place. She checked the oven to take out the bacon and sat it on another plate. Kehlani reached up to the counter and took out the syrup.

By the time she turned around 4 little faces were in front of her and ready to eat.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Maj how much pancakes you want?" Kehlani asked.

"One."

Kehlani knew to give the two boys 2 pancakes, with little eggs and no bacon. They hated bacon. Kehlani turned to Lilith and signed to her. Lilith signed back. Kehlani smiled at her and placed a pancake on her plate.

Kehlani has always admired Lilith. She couldn't hear, but that didn't stop her from reading people's lips and acting like a normal child. And Kehlani admired that.

The kids ate in silence while the other people piled downstairs. They started in on their routine, first deciding to go to the plaza then to go skiing afterwards, if the kids were tired or not.

Kehlani dressed herself in a pink hoodie with blue jeans on. She had on her brown Timbs and a beanie on top of her red hair. Robyn emerged from the living room with Morgan in her arms. The baby squirmed in her winter whompsie while Robyn struggled to put on her little Timbs. Robyn had on a black tank top with her blue jeans and Timbs on too. She grabbed her coat and tossed Kehlani's hers. She still struggled to pull a coat on Morgan's body. The baby whined in frustration.

Kehlani silently held Morgan's hand while she took tiny baby steps forward. Her and Robyn were both at the mall and looking at clothes. They ventured in H&M and Kehlani immediately lit up when she saw the platform boots she's been wanting.

They left out that store with 3 different bags and Kehlani's boots. They went into Hot Topic and Kehlani got a Rick&Morty sweatshirt with a couple of new gages.

They spent 2 hours in the mall before leaving and going back to the lodge. Kehlani sat her bags on the floor and took off her coat leaving her in her pink hoodie then she took off her pants. She did the same with Morgan and Robyn went off to go shower.

It was going on 11 by now and for some reason, Morgan wouldn't go to sleep. No matter what theu did, she just never slept. And now it's 1 in the morning and all the kids and family were running around the house cause it was Christmas Eve.

Kehlani sat on the floor with Morgan in her lap, the baby was padding on every gift sent her way. Not patient enough to see what was behind the wrappings. Kehkani fiddled with Robyn's ring on her finger not paying attention to the gifts being brought over. It was something throbbing at the back of her head and it made her freeze for a second. Robyn didn't notice Kehlani stiffen, but when a single tear drop hit her palm, she looked down to see Kehlani crying.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Kehlani hid her wet eyes behind her hand and spoke.

"I remember. I remember everything."

Remember Me ✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें