Chapter Thirteen

"Oh! Doesn't she look so pretty?" Kehlani heard as soon as the door shut behind her. Kehlani looked over at Mama Fenty and smiled. She rushed to hug the lady. "I missed ya' Lani." She smiled.

"I missed you too ma'." Kehlani forgot to mention the point that she remembered Robyn's mom. All the memories of her came rushing back as soon as she called her 'pumpkin'.

"So your surprise..." Mama Fenty started.

Robyn sat in the seat with Morgan on her lap. She kept looking around wondering when Kehlani would be back. 5 minutes has passed and people were starting to fill in. The lights dimmed and Rihanna began to panic.

The announcer came on and announced the things. Robyn continued to look around, but her head snapped forward when the announcer announced the first act.

Kehlani stepped out with a microphone in her hand. She smiled out to the crowd and waved towards Robyn. Morgan lifted her hand and pointed to Kehlani on the stage then looked back at Robyn. The audience died down and the woman with the guitar started out and Kehlani flowed in equally.

I like my girls just like I like my honey; sweet
A little selfish
I like my women like I lime my money; green
A little jealous
'Cause I'm a beautiful wreck
A colorful mess, but I'm funny
Oh, I'm a heartbreak vet
With a stone-cold neck, yeah, I'm charming

All the pretty girls in the world
But I'm in this space with you
Colored out the lines
I came to find, my fire was fate with you
Heartache would stay with you
Fly great escapes with you

I countdown to the clock, saw you awake
Don't walk away, or would you wait for me?
I go out to the bar, fuck hangin' with the stars
Don't even have a car, but you would wait for me

All, all, all, all the pretty girls in the world
But I'm in this space with you
Colored out the lines
I came to find, my fire was fate with you
My heartache would stay with you
Escape with you

I like my girls just like I like my honey; sweet
A little selfish
I like my women like I like my money; green
A little jealous
Oh, I'm a beautiful wreck
A colorful mess, but I'm funny
Oh, I'm a heartbreak vet
With a stone-cold neck, I'm so charming, oh, oh

La-la-la-la-la-la-la
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Da-da-da-da-da

Isn't it love all we need? Is it love?
Do-do-do-do-do
To be the same prophecy? Is it love?
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti, is it love?
Do-do-do-do-do
Love, do-do-do-do-do

After Kehlani finished performing her song, the crowd clapped and cheered for her. Some looked towards Robyn to see her holding onto the baby. People snapped photos and others uploaded the recordings they took of her.

Nick Cannon, Kehlani's manager had come out with an award. He said a speech to her and the crowd. Letting them know of her come up and her struggles for being a new artist.

"I just wanna let you know that I am proud of you and that I love you like a daughter." He finished giving her a kiss on the forehead. Her gave her the award and walked off the stage for Kehlani to say something.

(Idk what she said so go with it)

"Wow! I uh...to be honest this was just for a surprise for Robyn and I ended up getting an award? For what?" Kehlani trailed off looking at Nick. He just shrugged. "An award for showing my true colors and for being the one artist that no one could get tired of. Thank you to the people."

Kehlani walked off the stage in embarrassment with the award in her hand. She sat back down next to Robyn and smiled.

"I got an award!" She squealed holding it up.

"You deserve it." Robyn said. "How come ya' didn't tell me ya' remembered?"

"Un poco." Kehlani said sharading a little.

Robyn nodded and leaned over just in time so Morgan could fall into Kehlani's lap and not onto the floor. She gave Kehlani a peck on the lips and sat back.

"You sang dat' song for me?" Kehlani nodded her head. "And ya' got a award?"

"Apparently." Kehlani said. She sat the award on the table and held Morgan in her lap closely. The show continued on for another hour when they called Robyn up. She walked backstage then up to the stage to recieve her award, then she began her speech.

---------------

Kehlani groaned and slipped off her heels. They spent hours at the Billboards and another 2 hours at the after party until it was decided that it was time for Morgan to power down.

When Morgan was finally asleep on Kehlani's stomach, Robyn had emerged with her award and Kehlani's in her other hand. She sat them on the dresser and climbed in bed next to Kehlani.

"Why does she even have a room? She doesn't even sleep in there?"

"So? She just loves me too much, plus, it's safer." Robyn nodded her head and slipped under the covers. Kehlani laid Morgan down in the middle of them and slipped under herself. She closed her eyes and sighed, relaxing her body and began to dream.

 She closed her eyes and sighed, relaxing her body and began to dream