Reunited

~Lilly~

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I hit the top button to stop my annoying alarm from beeping. I grabbed my phone and glanced at the time and date. I immediately sprung up.

"Today's the day!" I thought out loud. Today was the family reunion, and I couldn't wait! I hadn't seen a big portion of my family in a long time, but the only person I cared about seeing was my older brother, Dylan. I was so excited to see him! About five years ago, he formed a band called We The People with his friend from high school, Noah Mills.

We The People was a pop-rock duo that came around in 2015. Dylan played drums and Noah played guitar, piano—when it was necessary—and sang. In the studio, Dylan also played bass, but they used recordings for when they played concerts. Before they had even started the band, Dylan had constantly teased me about me having a crush on Noah. I have to admit, I did always find Noah sort of cute, but in a "he's friends with my brother and only thinks of me as the annoying little sister, no way in hell will that ever happen" kind of way.

Well...

That's not entirely true. Something happened with us when we were younger, but I've only told a few people. By a few people... I mean one person. It probably didn't matter to Noah that much, but it kind of mattered to me. Not that that fact bothered me in anyway. It was perfectly understandable.

I also have to admit that Noah had gotten considerably more attractive at 19 than he was at 14. Even so that I might even deem him as hot, but, then again, that's what pretty much every girl who was into the alt-rock genre would say. He was what the media would call a "Teen Heartthrob". He was basically the Harry Styles of the pop-rock community. I had known Noah since I was 12, since him and Dylan had met in freshman year. We had never really become friends, just the occasional "Hi" whenever he was at my house to hang out with my brother. I hadn't seen Noah in a few months, though. The last time I saw him was back in January, right before they embarked upon their very first world tour. It really was a world tour, they hit 5 out of the seven continents. They only just got back from Australia last week, and it was August.

More recently, I had started to almost look up to Noah—just a little bit. He was an amazing singer-songwriter. While he and Dylan co-wrote the songs, he still had such a way with words that he could make you feel his pain or happiness or whatever emotion he was trying to convey, even if you had never experienced something like that yourself. I remember, a couple years back, it was my freshman year, so Dylan and Noah were sophomores. There was this school wide poetry contest. Noah's mom along with my own—as Noah's mom and her were very good friends—had convinced him to enter one of his songs, just without music. He almost won, but he came in second, only because the principal's daughter was also entered in the competition.

Their very first single, "Cliché Love Story" went big. It rocketed up the charts in record time from the day it was released. Everyone loved it. Including me, but I was a little biased. Ever since they made it big, though, I barely ever get to see Dylan. Not that fame has changed him in anyway, he's just busy. Sure, we both live in LA, and we've both been to each other's apartments a couple of times, but it's a big city, and he's pretty much always doing something—either recording, writing, doing interviews, whatever. So, this day was definitely worth waiting for.

Side-note: yes, I'm 17 and I have my own apartment. I share it with my best friend, Gabbie—more on her later. She was still a senior but I skipped sixth grade, so I graduated a year earlier. Since I skipped the grade, I was moved into the high classes for that grade, while Gabbie was in the Honors classes the grade lower than me, so we still had a lot of the same classes. She had the same opportunity as me, but her parents just didn't want her skipping a grade so that she could stay with her twin brother, Tommy. Gabbie and I have both started babysitting at 12 and got officials jobs as soon as we turned 14, still babysitting on the side. We had been saving up for the past 5 years and—with a tiny bit of help from each of our parents—we were finally able to get our own cheap, small apartment. But it was ours!