Dylan's Secret

~Noah~

"Noah!" Dylan shouted from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I yelled in response.

"Lilly and Gabbie got signed!"

I got up from where I was lying on my bed and ran to the door. I grabbed the door frame with my left hand and leaned out, looking down the hallway towards the kitchen. "Really?"

I saw Dylan pretty much mimicking my stance from the kitchen. "Yeah!" He was grinning from ear to ear.
Suddenly, I realized something.

"Wait..." I leaned against the other side of the door frame and crossed my arms. "Didn't we already know that?"

"No, we knew that they had the interview?" He sort of phrased the statement as a question since he didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.

"But I thought you set this up with Jake." I remembered him telling me about how he set up the meeting for them. He knew that the two of them had been working too hard for too long to only be where they were.

"No no no," he rushed. He was walking towards me and waving his hand. He suddenly looked slightly panicked. "I set the meeting. That's it. And, remember, no matter what, you cannot bring that up to Lilly ever. If she ever finds out that I did this for her, not only would I never hear the end of it, but she would never forgive me and she would honestly probably completely drop from the label all together."

I was utterly shocked that he hadn't told me any of this earlier. I opened my mouth and I was about to ask some of the many questions that he had just raised but before I could—

"I know what you're going to say; well, I did this because I saw that they had been working too hard for too long. They are so incredibly talented and they have so much potential they deserved to be signed and get the recognition that they deserve. I didn't want to hand them anything, I just wanted to... give them a little push, I guess. Just a little help from the 'powers that be'."

"Right, got it."

*****************************
A/N: hi

I KNOW IVE BEEN GONE SUPER LONG I JUST DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS CHAPTER BC I NEEDED A NOAH CHAPTER BUT IM HERE NOW W A BUNCH OF OTHER PREWRITTEN CHAPTERS SO YOURE GOING TO GET A BUNCH OF EXTRA CHAPTERS TODAY