CHAPTER 2--I AM JAMILAH

"Aww, our future bride is sleeping, she thinks she's so cute."
I would recognize that voice anywhere, Hauwa, the closest person to me, ever.
I opened my eyes to see she was leaning on my pillow and smiling at me.

"You couldn't even let me think that it was all a dream, you had to wake me by reminding me?"

"Nonsense," she twirls part of my hair .
"So you think locking yourself up will help? Your father told me they haven't seen you since the wedding yesterday."

"Yesterday, today, is the difference so much?"
I wondered. Sometimes I think my family overreacts. I'm in the same house, I didn't even lock my room , just slept off into today and suddenly they're calling the Calvary on me.

"When did you return anyway ,Hauwa?"
I sat up and bunched my duvet around my waist.
Hauwa crossed over to my side, and put her legs into the duvet as well as we sat.

"Today,"

"I thought you couldn't leave the hospital, and you couldn't get somebody to cover for you. Wasn't that why you couldn't come for Aisha's wedding?"

"Well, I couldn't but now I'm on a paid leave."

I just continued staring at her.

" I'm here to help you, don't stare at me like that." She shoved me gently.

"Who informed you?"

She lifted her hands halfway, palms open in surrender.

"Your baba called me, he said you were having difficulty accepting the marriage. He called me yesterday evening. He said he told you about what the President wanted and you didn't say a word."

"He did, last night."
I shrugged, nonchalantly.

"Well, Jamilah, you are being overly dramatic, " she rolled her eyes.

"An arranged marriage, Hauwa? "

"Its not unheard of, you won't be the first."

"I don't even know this, this, this person." I complained.

"He doesn't know you either so its fair." She folded her hands and looked at me.

"Look, he can't just come and decide to uproot me, unravel my plans just because he's what , the President's son?"

"Exactly, he's the President's son.
Look at me, Jamilah, I'm your best friend. I love you. And I don't want to sound too harsh or anything. But you have to be practical, this would be insanely good for your family, for you. The opportunities are amazing. Stop being too emotional, you know you usually are."

"I'm not going to marry, just because of opportunities the man can bring for my family"
"I wouldn't want to either, we're not that type of people but girl, you didn't trick him into this , you didn't even try to attract him ,this is a blessing from Allah"

"Hauwa, I don't know him, how can I even manage to live with him and love him?"

"Of course you don't, you didn't know of him until yesterday. Did you?
And it's not like your heart belongs to someone else, moreover I heard he's solidly built."
She wiggled her brows then,

"Please, Doctor Hauwa, how would you know that?"

"I may have googled your future hubby, he's cute girl, you should be happy, OK"
I kinda smiled then.

"What if he doesn't like me?"

She gave me a tight hug, and then said
"You don't get it , do you?"

"Get what . I want a happy marriage ,I want my husband to be attracted to me, not a sorry, sham marriage."
She released me and said.

"He picked you, didn't he? He must have liked what he saw."

Thank you people for reading so far. I'm extremely grateful .
I have realized though that I write better and faster when I am aware that there are people reading and waiting. So we'll have a law,
One comment, and I'll write another chapter.
I don't want ghost readers,,,,,,, so please let me know what you think . thank you
And I promise to make the next chapter longer so thanks again
Please vote and comment and share