CHAPTER 16 out

Please tap that vote button

And don't be shy to comment

I'm so sorry I haven't been available for a while. Just finished my exams. And for all those that asked about me, I'm really grateful, you guys are the realest MVPs

We were on set on the GOODEVENING NIGERIA SHOW.
Various TV shows had sent IVs to both Ali and I individually and together as well. It wasn't all that shocking considering the photos of us circulating the media. Photos from the dinner on IG. Various people had tagged me already.
The launching of the Malaria Campaign that we did together brought photos of us sharing resources together. That one got me a hug from the President.

"Splendid idea", he said.
" Getting together as a team in the spotlight. Excellent work, my daughter."

I had come to love the man but sometimes he was just a bit too much.
We had agreed to keep our relationship strictly professional so as to prevent chances of being caught. That would not be good, at all.

It was our 6th month anniversary, and the 5th month since Ali proposed.
And I was aching to be married. Ali was a bit frustrated too. He talked to me about how worried he was getting. His father had decided not to rush things concerning our union anymore. He hoped it wasn't because the President was reconsidering his choice in a wife. I knew it was because he wanted time for NIGERIANS to see us as a couple. He originally wanted to call magazines and newspapers to interview us but I told him to let things take the natural cause. It'd be less suspicious that way. He looked at me funny but gave me a timeline of 6 months, after which he'd take matters into his own hands.
"Hands that lacked the art of finesse, of course."
He laughed out when I said that.
"Brute Force has never failed me."

This was my 5th interview in 2 weeks, After the first one with Pulse tv, invitations had kept pouring in.
Fan notes were my best parts, people would send in their letters during live interviews. It was like being in the Emergency Room all over again. Hundreds of NIGERIANS would send their thank you notes. Profound stories that we're really touching. Some would call in and pray while in tears. It was visible to a blind man how much impact the Health Scheme was making. And so little by little, I released photos of myself and Ali from the award ceremony, and the anti malarial campaign, mentioning his role as a partner of the Scheme.
This didn't put us in the public eye as a couple until he posted the one from Zahra's wedding and then the tabloids gathered photos from people who had seen us having dinner together.
That was when we started having combined invitations.

This was our third one together. The GOOD MORNING NIGERIA SHOW host was commenting on our effort in the health sector.
"It's great to see youths put in their energy in something so groundbreaking here in Nigeria."
"If I may ask, was there any particular that pushed you in this direction."
"As a doctor in our country, It's clear to see that our health sector has... More to offer."

"I'll say".
The presenter smiled at me

"After getting tired of seeing helpless situations time and again. I decided to finally step out of the box and start up what I wanted with the little I had."

"And the funding, how were you able to manage the funding?"

"Well, this is healthcare and healthcare is obviously expensive. So I knew we wouldn't come a very long way if we didn't get more backing, so I reached out to everybody I could and am still reaching out, corporations, banks, even individuals."

"Can we get examples of a few contributors?"

"With banks, we have had so much help from Zenith and First bank.
From United Bank for Africa, we have an arrangement that has been really beneficial, they send us monthly support, their own quota to the cause."
"Individuals I'd rather not mention have so far been our grea
"The Ministry of Health have agreed to give us a whooping 20% of what we put in yearly, every year for the first 10 years so we definitely see growth in the future."

Ali leaned in to me and whispered.

"True." I nodded

"We are also proud to announce that the World Health Organization are considering a partnership with the JaMA foundation."

"That, this is huge." The presenter lady couldn't seem to organize her thoughts .
I turned to see Ali grinning at me. He opened up his palm and as I slid mine in his, we locked eyes.
"Thank you for this."
He shook his head slightly,
"No, you deserve this. It's all you."

"That brings us to another topic people would like to know, we want to know the answer to this question."

We turned to face her
" Is this all a professional relationship between both of you? Or can we keep our fingers crossed for something more?"

"Something more?"

"Yes, a relationship or at the least a few sparks flying around that would suggest romance"

I smacked my lips and turned to Ali. He should take charge of this part.

"The truth is that", he began

"I can't clearly say that we are together because we haven't decided if we want the public to know we're dating"
I laughed in shock,
"Wow, that's epic."
"Yeah," he faced me now
"Do we want to keep our relationship a secret? I don't know, so I won't say anything about it."

"Aww, that's great. Your secret is safe with us and the whole country because this is live TV."

I couldn't help smiling for the rest of the show.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"You're sure you don't want me to come with?"

"No, it's a man thing, so you just wish me luck okay. You can also pray for me."

"Will you let me know what he says?"

"I'll call once I'm done."

"Okay, goodluck"

"Talk to you soon."

Ali decided he wanted to officially ask my father for my hand in marriage.
I had to call Papa and tell him not to say anything about the initial visit by the President, or what they wanted. I hated this web of growing lies but in Ali's mind, my father knew nothing about him so he wanted to do the proper thing by our culture.

He told me that if things went well then he would progress to the next stage which was visiting my family with his family to discuss the bride price and all of that traditional necessities.
I really hoped things would work out.

Meanwhile my job was to dress up and look pretty for our date this evening,
As I observed the dress Ali had sent for me, I wondered where he wanted us to go later today. Seemed it was going to be a public place. The dress was beautiful, it also came with a turban so I guessed many it was a place Muslims frequented.
So I decided to do my own part and get ready.

Please if you didn't vote, Biko vote

And please comment
No new chapter if I don't see enough comments😂