Chapter 6

A/N: Nevermind.. hohoho. That chapter about Tae and Jungkook's confession isn't happening. I just typed a 1600+ word chapter for my other book, Slanted (shameless self promo it's Yoonmin). I can't do any more or I will actually die.

Taehyung smiled as he strolled down the bright sunny sidewalk. The forecast had predicted rain, but as soon as Taehyung strolled out, the clouds seemed to clear as though they were making way for him. Tae found it funny, but no one else did. They complained about him being childish. Taehyung just shrugged it off and continued his walk.

No one was going to rain on his parade.

Why? Because today was the same day that he had met him.

Jeon Jungkook. 

The boy that had undoubtedly changed his whole life forever, for the better or for the worse. The only thing Taehyung knew was that he had fallen too deeply in love with the boy and should probably be trying to get out of the trace Jungkook had him trapped in, but just couldn't bring himself to.

He loved the feeling he only got whenever he was with Jungkook. It was a serene and calm feeling, one that made all his anxiety melt away and be replaced with tranquility. Honestly, Taehyung hoped it could last forever.

Taehyung smiled in his own thoughts, happily in his own little bubble before being rudely awakened. A passing by driver splashed water as he made a sharp turn to the next street.

"Yah!" Tae called, but he was long gong. He puffed out his cheeks and pouted. "If this isn't love, then I don't know what is."

The truth was, he wasn't just out here to go for a mid morning stroll. He was here to go to his and Jungkook's favorite coffee shop that they'd always went to when they were just young pre-teens. Oh, the memories.

Humming his favorite song by DAB7 (Just Dab), he pushed open the cafe door and smiled at the heat that hit his face. He was starstruck for a second by the beautiful flowers growing near his windows before a voice broke the peacefulness.

"Welcome to Flower Cafe, may I take your order?" A chirpy girl waved at him from behind a counter with a notepad in her left hand and a pen in the other.

Taehyung nodded and walked over to her. "Can I have a Caramel Macchiato?"

The girl nodded and wrote something down on her notepad before tearing it off and handing it to Taehyung. "Sure thing, it'll be ready in about 5 minutes and will cost 6,000 won!"

With a smile, Taehyung handed the girl the money and went over to an empty table to sit down. As he pulled the chair back, Taehyung noticed Jungkook over in the corner of the cafe.

He was about to go get up and talk to him before he saw that Jungkook was sitting across from someone. Upon closer inspection, Taehyung saw that it was Mark Tuan. "Hmm? What are they doing in a cafe together?" Squinting his eyes, Taehyung dismissed his suspicions as them hanging out as friends.

Suddenly, the warning Jin had given him had reappeared in his mind. People in that gang were known for being big cheaters, and if Jin had seen Jungkook, that meant...

"No.. He wouldn't do that to me. He promised, and he's always kept his promises." Taehyung mumbled, fumbling with the notepad paper.

But Jin had always been right too, and on record, he had never broken any promise that he had made to Taehyung. Oh, the conflict and the clicheness of this situation. Brother vs Boyfriend/Bestfriend.

Taehyung hummed to calm his anxiety as he watched the two interact. They were oddly touchy, and there was a sense of jealousy sinking into his own heart. He'd never felt this way before, and Taehyung was not the type to get so jealous so easily.

So what exactly was happening?

Apprehensively, Tae took a seat right outside of the cafe windows. Jungkook had just grabbed onto Mark's hand. Smiles were apparent on both of their faces. Great, just great.

Taehyung was practically gripping the notebook so hard that it almost broke in half, and you can't even break paper unless you're Namjoon.

Both Mark and Jungkook leaned in. Taehyung felt a churning in his stomach before their lips collided.

And with that single collision, Taehyung's world fell apart by the seams it barely held onto. 

He looked down and felt a tear already escaping his eyes. "Don't cry... Don't cry." He mumbled to himself before looking back at Jungkook.

He saw him laughing at Mark before turning to look over in Taehyung's directions. With that look, his eyes widened and opened his mouth.

It was at this moment, Jungkook realized he messed up.

Taehyung watched Jungkook get up, and for a second he was frozen. Taking a deep breath and with the fear of Jungkook actually making it to him, he got the courage to pick up his feet and walk away.

More like run away, anyway.

But the notebook in Taehyung's hands had already loose pages, and so it was no surprise when sheets began to fall out.

The letters that remained unsent to Jungkook.

One by one, they fell to the ground.

And Jungkook picked them up.

One by one.