I Loved You

Taehyung cried out. There was no way Jungkook could have changed in that short amount of time.

"I knew it... I should've known that was too good to be true. I'm such an idiot!" Taehyung screeched.

He was such an idiot. Jungkook was never someone who changed easily, so why did he think he'd change just for him? Taehyung wasn't anything that special. Just another boy you could find in the middle of the street and pass by as if you had never seen him. He sighed as he sat down at his desk one last time, grabbing a sheet of paper and a pen.

dear j.jk

i should've never believed your lies. but i can't help but still get lost in them, how well your eyes capture mine, how your laugh was like bells chiming, and how you were so kind to me. but all of that was before.

i still remember that night you told me you were going to jin's party. i warned you not to go, but you didn't listen to me. you ended up getting arrested, and guess who bailed you out of jail? me. I used my college savings for that, you know?

then we slowly drifted apart. whenever i tried to contact you, you called me too clingy and no good. i'm sorry for being myself. i told you to never turn on the people who cared about you. you didn't listen to me. you ended up becoming cold and distant. was there any reason for that besides the fact that you hated me?

i remember the day i first saw you with yujin. i was feeling numb then, honestly. she was nothing but trouble. how could you not know? she was using you. i told you to watch out for people like her. you didn't listen to me. you ended up getting your heart broken. or did you break hers? I doubt that. I know you loved her too much. yet you still dated him.

and who could forget jimin? he tried to kill me. i don't know why you saved me, but i guess i got my answer today. you cheater and liar. but he almost killed you with his love. confessed things he shouldn't have. you loved blindly, trusting that jimin would lead you down the right path. Oh, you poor child. i told you to stay away from my friends. you didn't listen to me. you got your heart broken again.

everything else was just a chain of dominoes that lead to where we are now. here with my pain, here with your broken heart. here where you're dating my new friend. the list could go on.

i'm going to end it now, jungkookie.

i'm going to end it all.

we could've been happy. we could've had our children. we would be in love. but this way, we'll never see each other get our first real house, our own car, or feel the responsibility of being an adult. 

I remember. I asked you if you'd love me forever down by that tree. You promised me you would. I still see that ring on your finger.

we'll never get to move to america like we planned. we'll never do anything we planned.

i can't forgive you.

i don't love you anymore.

goodbye,

k.th

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung looked at the knife lying beside him. He heard Jungkook's screams and pleas from the other side of the door but didn't answer.

"Goodbye...

There was one time that I loved you. I loved Jeon Jungkook. You made my heart beat so fast, and I couldn't even explain it. There was just this feeling of calmness whenever I stepped anywhere near you.

You made me feel safe from all the tortures of the outside world. You called me pretty, and I believed you.

My first kiss shouldn't be this rude to me, should he? I put my trust with you. I let you see a side of me that no one else sees.

So now, Jungkook. It's my turn to see you suffer."

Jungkook felt his voice go horse as he heard a blood-curling scream from Taehyung. "N-no..." was all he got out of his mouth before he reached forward to turn the knob. 

Of course, it failed.

Looking down, Jungkook felt a tear hit his hand.

Drip.

~LETTER 1 ~

dear jungkook,

oh, jeon jungkook.

how i wish i had chosen someone else to love.

you're like poison in my drink, but i can't get rid of you.

i've fallen too hard for someone who hates me too much. how sad is that? it's even sadder that these letters probably won't even be delivered to you. i never had much confidence; you should know that.

i wish you'd know more about me instead of bullying me. you hit me like there's no tomorrow and slam me against the lockers, but i still love you. maybe just a little too much.

did seokjin-hyung change you? i told you not to hang around with people like my brother. he gets caught up in a lot of illegal stuff. i don't want you to get hurt or even arrested. i care about you still.

but today, you shoved me against the locker. i knew the second we made eye contact what was going to happened. after that, i landed on the cold, hard floor. you punched me one last time and told me to die. you didn't mean it, did you? i hope you didn't.

i also saw you with that girl, yujin. you ran up to her and kissed her on the lips. i wish i didn't see that. i also wish i didn't see her stealing some of your money before you forced her into the empty classroom. i thought you were as bent as i was. funny how being apart for so long changed you.

no, you're still the same jeon jungkook i loved, right? you always will be, right?

i still love you.

yours,
k.th

There wasn't a reason for him to be crying. He didn't deserve to cry. Taehyung was too good for him to even cry over.

Vainly, Jungkook tried to grip onto the last strand of hope.

"I'm sorry. I love you, Taehyung."

***

A/N: THERE WILL BE AN EPILOUGE! I won't give you a good one though >:)

This chapter is dedicated to @jeontastaec for being my first wattpad friend. She read my stories, and gave me her honest feedback. She's part of the reason I've continued this story, so please go follow her!

although i'm sorry i didn't give you a happy ending haha...