13

Keith was sitting by the pool, watching a drunken Pidge and Lance run around. Hunk stuck true to his word, and didn't drink any alcohol. Keith was a bit tipsy, but he did down one can of beer, and took a few shots of who knows what.

     "You alright Keith?" Hunk asked.

     "I'm not drunk like those two," Keith said, pausing to point at Keith and Lance who were chasing after something, "but I'm not completely sober like you."

     "Well, it's better than that" Hunk said, pointing at Pidge and Lance again.

     "Dear god, I have to go home to that" Keith groaned.

     "And how are you gonna get home?" Hunk asked.

     "Either drag him home, or hitch a ride. Whatever's easiest." Keith shrugged. "I'm so freaking tired!" Keith groaned.

     "Alcohol?" Hunk asked.

     "Nope, I just suck at sleeping" Keith said, falling onto his back.

     "That sounds pretty annoying." Hunk said.

     "I suck at a lot of basic human functions, so it isn't much new." Keith shrugged.

     "Are they basic human functions that I would care to know about?" Hunk asked.

     "Sleeping, eating, feeling emotions, that sort of stuff." Keith said.

     "Thank god. I thought you were gonna be like Pidge and start talking about you-know-what." Hunk said.

     "Nope, I would never taint your innocence on purpose." Keith said, holding his hands up in mock surrender.

     Some girl came over to Keith, and began hitting on him. Keith tried to get Hunk to help, but he left to go talk to Shay.

     "Hey buddy, you're kinda cute" The girl slurred.

     "Thanks? You're pretty?" Keith said, though it sounded more like a question. Keith had no idea how to flirt with girls, and it was overall just awkward. The girl scooted closer, and Keith leaned back. Out of the corner of Keith's eye, Pidge was recording this scene.

     "You workout a lot?" The girl asked.

     "Yeah, why?" Keith asked.

     "Cause it looks like it" The girl giggled, running her hands across Keith's chest.

     "Uh, can you stop touching me?" Keith asked.

     "Come on, let's have some fun!" The girl exclaimed, making very suggestive hand gestures.

     "No thanks, I'm actually in a relationship." Keith said, turning down her offer.

     "What a shame. You're a cutie too" The girl said, getting really touchy with Keith before getting up and leaving. Keith sat there in shock, and honestly wanted to cry. But Keith wasn't good at showing emotions, so he just kept looking into the water with a blank stare.

     "You okay Keef?" Lance slurred.

     "Y-yeah, I'm fine. I think we should get going though." Keith stammered, trying to avoid anyone else getting a little too comfortable.

     "Okay" Lance groaned. Keith put Lance's arm over his shoulders and began the long trek home.

~~~~~

     Keith had finally gotten Lance settled in bed, and was now staring out the window. Keith grabbed the box in his pocket, and pulled it out. He grabbed a cigarette, and set part of it in his mouth. Keith was kind enough to leave the house, and stand outside while he smoked.