CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

(A/N: Check out my other story called, "Percy and Piper Switch Bodies".)

PERCY

I hung out with Annabeth the rest of that day. I even helped her study for a science test. Well, more like I ate Doritos and watched her read and think and sometimes made side comments but that's still helping in my opinion. At one point, I had to go home. 

When I arrived home, I realized something. The full moon was coming up. I walked into my room and boarded up my windows as best as I could. Then I shut my door and jumped onto my bed. I mainly red some comic books. That's when something weird happened. I felt this sudden pull towards my window.

I stood up cautiously and walked towards it. My mind kept telling me to pull down the boards. My mind is really good at convincing me. So I pulled down the boards. Moonlight flooded in through the windows. My mind suddenly grew weird. I opened up my window and climbed down the pole. Then I walked down the porch towards the ocean, headed for Mako Island.

BELLA

Me and Cleo were inside her house in the bedroom. We closed the windows and boarded them up. Lewis was here to make sure we didn't do anything dumb like try to break out. Yea, that didn't work out well. Here is what happened. 

We were watching TV when suddenly, I felt this sharp pull to the windows. Way stronger than ever before. I could feel myself walking to the window. Cleo too. Lewis stood in front of us, holding out his hands to push as backwards.

"Guys stop," he said. 

Cleo, who seemed in a daze, slashed Lewis with water, making him momentarily dazed as we climbed out the window, headed towards the ocean and going to Mako Island. Crap.

ANNABETH

I was about to go to Percy's house when I saw him walking towards the beach. I followed him. It was at nighttime so I was kind of confused on why he would go there. When I reached him, I stepped in front of him. He didn't stop walking though. It was like I wasn't even there.

"Percy," I said, poking him in the back. He grumbled and kept walking to the ocean. 

"Percy?" I asked. I grabbed his shoulders and turned him to face me. When he did, he shook his head and looked around, completely confused.

"Uh...what's going on?" he asked. 

"You were headed towards the ocean," I replied. He turned around and raised an eyebrow. 

"Okay," he said slowly, "that's odd." Then his gazed followed to behind me. 

I turned around and saw Bella and...what's her name...CEO...Clio...CLEO! Bella and Cleo were headed towards the ocean. And they moved in perfect sync, as if being controlled. They walked right past us as if we weren't there and headed to the ocean. Percy raised an eyebrow at them. Then he grabbed Cleo and Bella's arm and spun them around. 

"Girls?" he asked, snapping his fingers in their face.

They looked around, dazed and confused, just like Percy had been. "Uh...why are we at the beach?" Cleo asked. 

"Are you all okay?" Percy asked.

"Of course I'm not okay," Bella snapped, "by boyfriend left me for some dumb vacation and now I'm lonely!" Then she widened her eyes as if she didn't mean to say that. 

"Uh oh," Cleo said, "the full moon effects." 

"The what now?" Percy asked.

"God, Percy, your such an idiot," Bella said. Then she covered her mouth and cursed.

"The full moon gives mermaids different Personality traits," Cleo said, "for me, it's that I sing very good and for Bella I guess it's she can't stop telling the truth?" 

"Noooo," Bella said sarcastically. Then she covered her mouth again but tighter this time. 

"What's mine?" Percy asked.

"Super strength?" he asked, "super speed." 

"You don't get powers you idiot-," Bella cut herself off but covering her mouth super tightly. 

"You'll just have to wait to see," Cleo replied. Percy sighed, and kicked the sand under his feet.

"Being a mermaid sucks," he mumbled. Bella heard him and glared at Percy, making him take a step backwards and gulp. 

"Calm down, Bella," Cleo said. Bella glared at him before clenching her fists and taking in a deep breath. Then she smiled. 

"I'm going home," she said finally, "yep. I'm going to go home and sleep and this will all wear off. Bye." 

She ran away from us as Cleo followed. Percy shrugged and grabbed my hand. Then we both ran back to Percy house. We basically had a sleepover. Everything was perfect that day. Who knew the next day would be totally rotten?