I'm Blind, Not Stupid.

I step over them, and walk out the door.

I whispers surround me as I walk out of the door. "Is she blind?" "She has been in there for hours!" "What happened to her?"

I walk up to the closest outline, and say, "Can you point me in the direction of my mother."

Suddenly arms wrap around me, "Layla!" I hug her back, it was my mother. She had a yellow outline, I could feel her relief and joy. "Baby what were you thinking taking him on?!"

I say, "I wasn't, but trust me I am paying the consequences." She grabs both sides of my face, "What happened to you in there?" I say, "Cassian bit me mom...I'm a werewolf." Her outline suddenly turns into a purple shade. He bit you without my permission?"

She grabs both sides of my face, and moves my head. "What's wrong with your eyes?" I move my head away from her hands, "They say I am blind. But I can see, I can see a weird glowing outline surrounding your body." I hear her gasp, and she puts her hand to her mouth. She says, "What do you mean outlines? Describe them." I say, "I think it is based off of your emotions, the colors change. Like when I came out you were yellow, now you are purple. Nonliving objects appear like silverish gray. When I touch you, it's like I can feel your emotions."

She says, "You have a gift..." I say, "They don't believe me mom, they are going to try and sedate me. I need to prove I'm speaking the truth." Suddenly I hear footsteps walking closer to us.

I turn my head, and I hear Cassian say, "The doctor suggest we put her to sleep, she's talking crazy." My mom pushes me behind her, and growls lowly. I then have an idea. "Mom, its fine. You think I'm crazy? You think I can't see? Let's test that theory."

I step closer to Cassian, and I let a mischievous smirk cross my face. I will enjoy this. He silently moves forward, and when he is in arms reach I shoot my fist out and hit him directly in the forehead. Gasps sound around me, I say, "Come on Cassian. If you can pin me I will willingly get sedated. If you are correct to assume I'm crazy, and can't see anything then this should be easy." I see his outline shake side to side, "I'm not hitting my mate, let alone my blind mate."

I sigh, "Then have someone else do it. Give me a challenge." He says, "Ok Layla." He says, "Grayson, just get her down quick." I watch the figure that comes closer to me. His outline was a dark blue. He says, "Yes, Alpha."

Feeling weirdly confident in my new abilities I say, "He's going to need a partner." The guy scoffs, "I don't need a partner. I'm fine." I shrug, "Suite yourself."

He moves forward silently, really going on the fact he doesn't think I can see. His hand shoots forward, and as if time slowed down I simply stepped out of the way. His outline moves back. His outline turned orange. I could tell he was confused. He moves forward, and throws another fist. Why is he moving so slowly? I lean backwards, and as he retracts his hands I get up straight and throw a heavy punch to his jaw. I hear a sickening crack then he flies backwards, and I mean flies! His outline lands on the ground a few yards away.

I hear him spit, and I say, "I asked for competition. You aren't going to believe me if he moves this slowly." I hear Cassian whisper, "He's one of our fastest...?" I am really loving this super hearing. I say, "Well, get up I didn't hit you that hard." The figure on the ground says, "You fucking broke my jaw..." I say, "I guess I don't know my own strength yet." I hear another crack, and I assume he cracked it back. He gets up, and starts running. But for some reason his outline moves as if he is jogging. When he jumps through the air, I simply step to the side. He hits the ground, and rolls.

The guy gets up, and starts moving towards me again. His outline was red now. He was definitely getting pissed. When he gets close enough I spin, and duck my head towards the ground and kick my foot out. It connects with his head, and he is slammed into the ground. I bend over his outline, and put my foot on him for dramatics. "Tell me I can't see now." The guy tries to get up, but I press my foot down harshly slamming him back into the hard earth.

Someone says, "She speaks the truth Alpha. No blind girl could move that quickly, and take down one of our best." I hear another voice, "She could be our greatest weapon..." I have heard that voice before, but I couldn't put a name to the outline or voice. I say, "Who just spoke?"

It is silent, then the voice says, "I'm Cassian's father."

I then heard Cassian say, "We are not using my mate as a weapon!" I could recognize his voice anywhere, his dominance brings chills to my body. I say, "I have yet to get the run down on werewolves. You all have some explaining to do." Someone touches me, and I immediately rip myself away from them. "Layla it's me!" I sigh when I hear my mom, for as amazing these gifts are I wish I could see... Time heals all wounds.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here I am. Sitting, and listening as my mother, Cassian, and Cassian's parents continue telling me about werewolves. I have been sitting here for... About an hour and a half. "Mates are like soul mates; that is what you, and Cassian are. You're mate or your own ranking determines the others. So if your mate is an Alpha, or soon to be Alpha. You would become the Luna, or soon to be Luna. Which is what is going to happen to you. But if one of you were a rogue, the rogue would either have to join the pack or their mate would have to live the rogue life."

I say, "And like you said before, the rogue life is not fun or safe." It is silent for a moment, then Cassian says, "You can't just nod. She can't see it."

I run my fingers through my hair, "So what do you want from me?" They are quiet for a moment, then Cassian's father says, "We want you to move into our pack, Take your place as Cassian's mate, rule the pack with Cassian, and have pups later on."

I chuckle, "No."

"No?"

"What the hell do you mean no?!"

I say, "You honestly believe that I'm going to leave my family to come rule a pack with my so called mate? And then have his kids?! No."

Cassian's father slams his fist on the table. "You don't have a choice! It is your duty to our pack!" I say, "You might want to lose your tone of voice. I will not be screamed at." His father says, "You really don't get a choice. And I will talk to you however I would like to!" I stand from the seat, "I would like to see you try, and make me stay." My mom says, "If my daughter does not want this, you will not force it upon her!"

"Shut the hell up you dumb bitch!" That was it, my hand shoots out and latches around his throat. I squeeze with great strength, and choking sounds come from his lunges. Everyone around me gasps. "You ever disrespect me or my family again, and I will have your head." I push him backwards, and I hear his chair break beneath him.

"No one is going to tell me how to live my life, and how to deal with what was forced upon me."