Odd Numbers

My mother grabs my arms and says, "Layla, stop!" I say, "I will not be forced to do anything. They have already ruined my chance of having a normal life. They have taken too much from me."

"Honey it might be a good thing to stay for a while. They can teach you." I turn my head to her, "You're siding with them? After what just happened. I AM FUCKING BLIND!"

I hear Cassian say, "Layla please... Calm down. We can talk this out."

Then I hear another voice say, "No the time for talking is done. Lock her up!" As his father says this people flood around me.

I say, "Don't fucking touch me." Cassian says, "Father please don't hurt her!" I growl lowly, and odd new thing I found satisfying.

I scan the room of gray objects until I see a window to my right. "Mother are you with or against me?" She says, "Please Layla just agree to stay they won't touch you!" I chuckle, "I'll take that as against. Good bye mother." I say, "And to you Cassian, I hope you rot in hell."

I could feel his sadness radiating off of him.

I turn, and lunge out of the window. The glass shatters around me, I hear them all coming after me. I hit the ground, and get up sprinting away.

And in this moment I let it all go.

I will never be hurt again.

+++ (Ten Years Later)

I sprint through the woods at an amazing pace. I let my laughter ring out. I dodge the branches with a certain expertise. The slow scouts rush after me.

Ten years and Cassian still has his men looking for me. Despite how many dead wolves I send back to him they always continue to come. I see one getting close to my right side. His bright red aura shining profoundly next to me. I had them mad.

I had another one directly behind me. I smirk to myself as I lunge forward, and drop to the ground. The idiot trips over my back, and goes sprawling across the ground.

The other one skids to a halt. He and one other scout circle me. He says, "The Alpha will be glad to have you back." I say, "You think that even though I've evaded his attempts of dragging me back for ten years you imbeciles will be the ones to drag me back."

From what I've heard Cassian has completely lost it. With me leaving, his father dying in a rogue attack, and his thirst for blood you could say he went a little off the rocker.

While he has been driving himself crazy I have been to several different packs. Alpha's recruit me to train there wolves. I have built quite a grand reputation. They call me the Blood Wolf. I can't say it's the most creative, but it's easy for people to remember.

I don't stay anywhere long. Cassian has his men looking for me at all times. They've done cruel things like killing anyone who has seen me and did not report it. Cassian's reputation has grown as well. His pack is now the most ruthless and to be quite honest crazy pack to live. He earned the name Alpha of Death. He has become quite merciless, or so I have heard.

It's weird to think the once sweet, charming, and caring Cassian I knew could have earned the name Alpha of Death.

The first wolf dives for me. Time slows, and I turn sideways. I grab his head in the air, and bring my knee up to meet it. Then I twist on my heel kicking the other wolf down.