Some Answers

Needless to say I was livid. He let me feel like a freak when he was in the same boat. We had put Cassian on his bed, and moved to the wine cellar where it was more discreet.
          "Look Layla, you didn't need to know." I scoff rolling my eyes, "Oh really? You never once thought to tell me? I just didn't need to know that the boy I was making out with is a fucking walking bomb!"
          He growled at my accusations, "I'm not like you Layla it wouldn't have mattered." That hurt. I was taken back, "Not like me? What a hot head? Fuck you Chase."
           He sighs heavily, "No Layla I meant were not the same kind of creatures, I'm a hybrid. A witch and a werewolf I'm one of several."
           I narrow my eyes, "Maybe I'm a hybrid wouldn't that explain it all!"
           He groans annoyingly, "You're not a hybrid, Layla. I've seen you in action. We major with one power, we call it our gifts. When a witch is turned into a wolf, their ability to cast is gone. But it is left with a print, otherwise a gift. I can explode shit, yeah. Because I was a hot headed dark magic witch. I got a curse instead of a gift."
           I roll my eyes, "Being able to blow shit up doesn't sound like a curse Chase. But you know what does? Being able to start a fucking tornado with your mind. Being able to rip the ground from the earth. Being able to shake every molecule in sight. Being able to take down a building when you don't want to. Having the power to blow shit up when you want isn't a curse I'm a freaking curse."
             He throws his hands in the air angrily, "Do you think I always had control over this Layla? Huh? I blew up my families home! So next time you go being ignorant check what you know verses what you don't."
             His eyes flash red as his anger boils showing his inner alpha. He quickly shakes it off, "I'm sorry. I don't want to fight with you." I sigh placing my head in my hands, "No I'm totally being over dramatic."
             He chuckles, "Atleast you can recognize it." I lightly punch him in the arm, "But if I'm not like you, what am I."
             "The last incantation."
              My eyes widen in confusion, "What the hell is that."
             "A long time ago, hybrids and witches alike were slaughtered by the wolves. Forcing most of us to go into hiding. A few witches were allowed to live if they served the wolves. Our ancestors were wiped out, the elder witches decided they had to preserve their magic. They created a creature unlike any other, they sacrificed their gifts to create something that could preserve the race."
          I scoff, "You're telling me I was built by witches."
          He rolls his eyes, "No, your father was. With his death it was passed on to you, it runs through a blood line. It links to the next living member."
         I sigh, "Yeah one hell of a fail safe my father was." His eyes darken, "He went mad, he used to be a kind gentle creature. But the more he learned, the more he used the gifts that were only meant to be locked away he began to change. The dark magic got to his head. You can't ever let that happen Layla, that's why you need to stop using the gifts. You almost killed someone today."
         I growled, "I have a very good reason to want him dead." He sighs, "But he has a connection to you, you shouldn't have been able to even think of harming him." He's right the mate bond should have never allowed me.
         He growls lowly, "Don't even think of him as your mate Layla." I look at him he really used the pack link to read my damn mind.
       "He is my mate Chase. Whether you want me to call him such or not." He slams his hand against the wall, "That imposter is not your mate Layla! You're just too blind to see what's really going on!"
       I reply, "Why don't you just tell me instead of leaving all of these unanswered questions! It's my life if you know something I have a right to hear it!"
         He growls angrily before his eyes flash red and he roars our, "I can't!" His Alpha voice went into full effect, as I cowered away from him.
          He pulls angrily at his hair before reigning himself in, "I can't Layla. I would if I could. I would do a lot of things if I could."
          I just don't understand why he can't! What the hell is wrong why him is he trying to make this hard for me?
            "Layla, I need to tell you something."
             Finally some god dam answers!
              "I'm in love with you."