Wake Me Up

(Cassian's POV)
      I sigh heavily rummaging through the stacks of papers in my office. All I could think of was her, I wish she was by my side. It's been 20 days since she passed, but I was still waiting for her to awaken. I felt her, I heard her, I know she's still in there. Suddenly I hear screaming outside, "The rogues! They are here!"
            (Layla's POV)
"You need to wake up, open your eyes!"
     I shake my head, shivers running up my spine do to what I knew would be waiting. "No! I won't go through that again!"
"Your time is here, they will need you. They need you to open your eyes!"
      "I'm not opening my eyes to find myself stuck in a cold wooden box."
      Then it hit me, a cold wooden box? Was I in a god damn coffin?
       They think I'm dead, well maybe I am dead? No I felt very much alive. I have to get out of this coffin, I have to show them I'm alive.
"Use your powers Layla, come out of that grave!"
        With my mind made up, I open my eyes, energy spilling from my body like a live wire. As soon as I open my eyes I explode with power all over my surroundings. I scream out in desperation, and I hear the sound of shattering around me.
         I look around before finding I was in a room with white walls.
         Wait a second, I can see? I can actually see?
        Is this another one of those tricks?
        I turn my head to see the windows blown out, and the room whipping with wind. Ok now how do I make it stop? I could hear people screaming throughout the pack house. I stand to my feet swatting hair out of my face as the storm continues, I look out the window to find men running from the woods attacking Cassian's pack.
       With my knee found vision I jump out of the window for the third time since my arrival.
         I hit the ground harshly, wind whipping around. Everyone stops moving and instead looks at me.
         I had death at my finger tips. I walk forward, and the rogues come out to their shock running directly towards me. I thrust my hand at the first one, suddenly he screams in pain. I will myself to take his life, I imagine the force breaking his bones.
        Several snaps could be heard, but I could see it which made it ten times better, he falls to the ground screaming in agony until his neck snaps.
       One rogue screams, "Retreat! Retreat god damn it!" I smash my hands into the ground sending a shock wave under their feet. They fly through the air before hitting the ground violently. A few got to their feet but not before our warriors took their lives.
        Trying to reel back in the power, I will it to come back to me. But it hits me like a brick wall, sending me flying. I smack harshly against the pack house, my ribs now broken. I wheeze trying to get air back to my lunges. It would heal soon anyways.
        Someone is now at my side, his face beautiful. Carved by the gods. His body muscular, and toned. He smelled like pine, and a cool summer breeze. "Cassian?"
       He looks at me incredulously, "You're alive I knew you were alive!" He grabs me in his arms squeezing me tight, "I just broke my ribs please be careful."
        He releases me, "What the hell are you Layla, can you see me?"
        I nod, "This is my reward for accepting my fate, my sight is returned."
He helps me up just as our warriors gather around all faces etched in shock. I look at all of them, "What you've never seen someone with powers before?" I joke. One warrior speaks out, "Not from someone who was supposed to be dead."
I sigh, "I was never dead just simply swimming in my subconscious. You all need more training, that was a small attack yet you were so unprepared."
They all listen to me whole heartedly, "Meet me in the combat yards in 5, if any one of you is late I swear to god I will strike you down."
A collective sound of, "Yes Luna's" rings around me. Cassian still looks at me with shock as they disperse. "I'm here Cassian I'm not dead."
           He sighs heavily, "I know. It's just so surreal."
          I chuckle, "well let's start walking to the combat grounds, I need to kick some ass I have too much energy." He raises a brow, "Are you going to be able to control yourself?" I roll my eyes, "Let's hope so for their sake."
          We walk around back to the combat grounds, and I see all of the wolves standing in formation. But I see one man rushing to get in line on time. I smirk, "You, get over here."
           He looks at me nervously before walking over to me, "I'm sorry Luna, I swear I'll never be late again."
           I snatch his throat in my hand and lift him from the ground, I smile viciously at him, "Oh is that so?"
          He struggles to pry my arms off. I allow my claws to come out on my other hand and I drag it across his throat tauntingly.
        "I could rip your throat out, and you are allowing me to?"
       I drop him to the ground. "Forget what you've been taught, I'm going to show you have to survive."
        Everyone looks at me nervously. "I don't give a damn if it's me, Alpha Cassian, or the Queen of fucking England, if someone is about to take your life you fight back. You die fighting. You go out trying. If I'm about to rip out your throat you better pray you can get mine first. Your death not only effects you, it effects our whole system!"
        I point at another bulky male, "Come here."
        I walks forward with his head bowed, I smirk, "Get on your knees."
        He lowers himself to the ground. I say, "How god dam stupid are you? Did you not hear what I just said? Stand the fuck up."
         He confusedly stands to his feet, "Your whole mentality is to serve your Alpha and Luna. If I almost killed him-" I point to the guy still on the ground, "-and then tell you to get on your knees you really think I'm not going to kill you too?"
        He shakes his head, "You're right Luna." I sigh, "I know I'm right. Preserve your god damn life! Is that clear?" He nods.
        I then half heartedly swing a right hook at him. He catches it throwing me to the ground my back hitting the earth harshly. He backs up worriedly. I laugh, "That's more like it. If you die, what good would come to your Alpha and Luna? Nothing. Don't let me put my hands on you, don't let anyone put their hands on you! Defend yourself until your last breath. That is the only thing that has kept me alive."
         I smirk, "But just to teach you a further lesson." I spring up to my feet, and kick his legs out. He falls to his knees with a cry of pain, I then knee him in the throat causing a strangled noise to escape his lips.
         "There are always consequences to your actions. But I will respect you more if you fight first and face consequences later. Is that clear?"
         He gives me a weak thumbs up.