Chapter 1

Bella sat in Jacob's garage, where the two held a semi-decent conversation considering recent events. She was in a relatively good mood, and the laughter they shared only helped keep it that way.
It wasn't a sunny day, it rarely was in Forks. But it wasn't raining, and it was t-shirt weather. The wind rustled both teen's hair, and the air carried the salty smell of the ocean.

 Jacob's joke was interrupted by the hum of a motorcycle engine. Bella leapt to her feet and took off outside, leaving a stunned Jacob once again alone in his garage.
A figure in skinny jeans and a black fitted tank top was standing with its back to the Bella at the top of the drive. Two hands reached up to the helmet hiding her face. The helmet lifted, sending a wave of auburn curls cascading down the female's back. Placing the motorcycle helmet onto the bike, the figure turned towards Bella. 

Her eyes lit up. Bella took a moment to soak in the image of her younger sister. Her skin was tan, her brown eyes bright, she was at least a foot taller, and looked astonishingly different from the girl in all of the baby pictures Charlie had sitting around. 
She had finally come to Washington.

"Bella!" The girl called.

When she was small, the younger Swan girl had always loved action movies. That turned into a love of martial arts the older she got, resulting in joining young. She was so invested that she was undefeated in the sparring ring from a very young age. After being offered a spot on an advanced travel team, she left when her parents divorced. It was almost easier that way, only one child was passed back and forth between parents.

Finally, she had settled in a small school in India, where she had trained until she aged out.

They stepped back from each other. 

"Leo you look so different!" The smaller girl exclaimed.

"You haven't seen me in years Bella, people change over time."

Rolling her eyes, Bella responded, "you remember Jacob Black right?"

"I guess so."

The two girls entered the garage, down the same path they took many years before as children, and went to see an old friend.