v.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

On a particularly cold night, Anastasia was awoken by the sound of bells ringing. She was slightly confused, so she decided to get out of her bed to seek what was making the sound. She stopped in front of her window, peering out into the dark of night. There was a very bright light somewhere over by Ruby's house. Ruby's house. 

  Anastasia gasped, running down her stairs as fast as she could. Her mother, of course, was not awake yet, as she had been working a very long time that day. Anastasia slipped on her boots and grabbed the buckets that were placed by the door.

  Her breathing was rather heavy, and when she reached the fire, she noticed a particular person on the roof, a red jacket surrounding their body. She breathed out a small sigh, looking up at her best friend who she had not seen for a few days. He was missing in action, and he was no longer at school.

  "Gilbert." walking over to the men to hand them her buckets.

  "We're ever so thankful for your help, Miss Riley." The man who she handed the buckets to remarked, and she smiled before walking over to her original spot. She decided in a terrible time like this, it would be a good idea to talk to Ruby.

  She slowly walked one to her friend, placing a hand on her. Ruby turned around, quite scared at the sudden touch, but she soon jumped up from where she was sitting and wrapped her arms around Anastasia. And she did the same, wrapping her arms around Ruby.

  "I am so sorry I wasn't here earlier, the bells didn't wake me up soon enough." Bella heard her friend laugh through the tears, and a smiling Anastasia stood right next to her.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

ANASTASIA slowly walked towards the house, she held two large baskets in her hand. Her mother had been kind enough to bake a pie for the men at work, and Anastasia had decided to deliver it for her mother, who was headed off for work at the dress shop.

  Anastasia looked up, her eyes meeting a quite curious scene. Ruby seemed to be on the ground, Anne standing above her, and Billy and Gilbert were on the roof. She sighed, turning around to face the table, placing each pie down.

  'What is wrong with you!" She heard Anne shout from behind her, she spun around, looking at the girl.

  "Go home! And bake cookies!" Billy exclaimed, earning a deafening glare from Anastasia.

  "Headline, they already did." Gilbert smiled down at her friend, who was shaking her head at him.

  "This is Ruby's property, or did you forget?"

  "Why don't you shove off, and leave the men to their work."

  "Why don't you give me that hammer, and I'll finish the job myself if you're too busy being a bully to get it done!" Gilbert finished descending down the ladder as the men chuckled, and Anastasia kept her eyes on her friend, knowing something awkward would happen.

  Gilbert reached out his hand, helping Ruby up, they seemed to have a short conversation before he turned to look at Anastasia. She was smiling smugly at him, and he glared at her for a spilt-second before looking over to Anne, who Anastasia was expecting told Ruby they had to leave.

  "Hello, Anastasia," Ruby exclaimed, beaming at the girl who stood by the table. She smiled back, noticing Gilbert, who was approaching Anastasia slowly, waiting for Anne and Ruby to leave. And when they did, he quickly walked over to her.

  "Is Gilbert Blythe embarrassed?" Anastasia snorted, wiping her hands of her coat, turning to look at him, a smirk formed on her face.

  "No, I-I just wanted to know what types of pie those are." He pointed out, coughing and looking at the pies.

  "That one is shepherds, and that one is apple cinnamon." She explained, pointing out the pies. He nodded, looking her up at down.

  "Hey, that's a nice dress." She rolled her eyes, turning to look at the food on the table.

  "You would have seen it sooner if you would have thought to come and visit me." She mumbled sneaking a quick glance at him before straightening her back.

  "Ana, you know my dads ill, I wanted to visit you, but I couldn't I-" She cut him off by breathing out, a few pieces of hair falling into her face.

"Sorry, sorry, I overreacted." Anastasia sighed, wiping her hands on her dress. She smiled over at Gilbert, hugging her cost closer to her body, "Goodbye, Gilbert." 

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

So, this is like kinda cliche. Haha. Anywho, while I was watching this, I was crying over a video about someone's hedgehog dying, so that was kinda sad :\ lol anywho, thanks for reading! Also, that is a pie gif 😂

-reba