ix.

ANASTASIA stepped on the front steps of Gilbert's house. She reached her hand over to knock, but was interrupted by Gilbert swiftly opening the door. She gasped taking a step back, a she was rather surprised by the sudden movement. Gilbert smile dat her, his coat loosely dropped over his shoulder.

"Anastasia, hey! What brings you here?" He asked, stepping outside, tilting his head. She nodded her head, clearing her throat.

"Well, I'm rather bored, I need someone to talk to. I just left from the Cuthberts. So, I decided to come here." Se sighed, snowflakes landing on her nose and eyelashes.

"I was just about to go to town to get some things we needed. Would you like to join me?" He asked, tilting his head and staring at the smaller girl.

"yes, that would be lovely." she glanced at him. He smiled down at her, the Brian eye girl turned and jumped down the steps, her boots hitting the snow.

  "It's been a while since we've spent time together." She sighed, pulling at the hem of her dress. He nodded his head, his gaze meeting hers for a few seconds. She blushed a bit, turning her head to stare  at the fields.

  "It has." He agreed, the snow crunching from underneath their feet. She kept quickly glancing at him, but he didn't seem to notice. But one time, he did. She blinked rather fast, his eyes meeting hers.

Her reached out to grab her cheek, playing with a strand of hair on her face. They stayed like that for a bit, staring each other in the eye. He leaned in rather quickly, his lips lightly pressing against hers.

He pulled away, placing his hands at his sides and strutting away. She attempted to say something, but it only came out in shocked stutters. A light shade of pink washed over her face as she stood alone in the forest. She stared at his back, turning in her heel ands walking in the opposite direction.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

SHE reached her house a few moments later. She noticed a carriage outsider her head tilting ever so slightly. She stepped inside, the warmth from the fire hitting her like a brick wall. A man was aitting at the table, his shaggy brunette hair was almost the exact color as hers, a thought crossed her mind, but she ignored it. This could not be her father.

"Anastasia, dear, please sit down." Her mother said, she slowly walked over to her mother, lowering herself into the chair. She raised an eyebrow at the man.

"This is your father." Her other explained. Anastasias breath hitched as she gripped into the tablecloth. Sitting in front of her was the man who was never there for her when she was little.

"What?" She yelled, standing up in shock, "he hasn't been here for years, and yet you allow him to prance in here like her owns the place?"

Her jaw shook, feeling her mothers hand in her shoulder. She felt her face visibly pale, her breathing short and shaky. Her slapped her moms hand away with weak slap. She let her legs carry her to her room, collapsing on her bed. She let ear sadness engulf her, and she had no idea whey she was so bad.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

YA GIRL UPDATED!!!!

So, it's been forever. I've learned like so many words in French during this short break, I'm so proud of myself. But anyway, um, they kissed!?!?! And, I know this is horrible, I'm at a petty and it's super late and I wanted to update, so here it is.

~Reba

(hi it's me in the furture updating this story is.... interesting)