xii.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

ANASTASIA stood in Gilbert's kitchen, her brown hair pulled back into a braid. She had spent her weekend helping Gilbert around the house, and she rather enjoyed his company. If it wasn't for him, she would be spending her weekend alone with her parents. her mother had forgiven her father, but it was taking a bit longer to gain her trust. Anastasia sighed, mixing more flour into her batter. 

The front door opened, but Anastasia barely noticed. She planned on making atlas five pies, three for them, and two to sell. She felt Gilbert walk behind her, and a sigh escaped her lips. She tapped her spoon against the bowl turning around and smiling at Gilbert. he smiled back. She glanced down before pushing a few strands of brown hair behind her ear and turning back around.

"Ana, you can stop now." She paused, before shaking her head and letting out a low chuckle. he tilted his head approaching her. 

"I only have two more pies, Gilbert." She exclaimed, picking her spoon again. He grabbed it from her, earning a rather angry sound from Anastasia. She turned around slowly, wiping the flour off on her dress before approaching him slowly. She glared at him lightly as he smirked at her, holding the spoon up in the sky.

"You can have it back, only if you can reach it." Anastasia rolled her eyes and tried to pull his arm down, and a grin broke on her face. She tried again but only failing. She groaned, throwing her head back in defeat and retreating back towards the table. She pulls out a chair and rested her chin against her palm.

She dozed off slowly resting her head against the table. She sighed, her vision slowly darkening. The heard Gilbert chuckle, before completely falling asleep.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

ANASTASIA rubbed her eyes as she woke up, rolling to her side. She was staring out a window, and it was no longer light outside. She gasped, sitting up. Her palms were sweaty, causing them to slightly slip against the sheets. She sighed, resting her bare feet against the cold wooden floor. The door on the other side of the room was ajar, light shining through it. She headed towards it, but the door slammed open. 

"Gilbert?" she asked, her voice fuzzy. Confusion filled her mind as she stared at him. She brought her hand up to her head. rubbing her eyes slightly. Gilbert smiled, and the girl shook her head, walking past him.

"I need to get home." She mumbled, stumbling down the stairs. He grabbed her elbow before she could fall, and she thanked him with a nod.

"You don't have to go." He exclaimed as they both walked over to the door, and Anastasia laughed, pulling on her boots. She shook her head, standing up and pulling her coat around her body.

"No, Gilbert, my mother will be worried." She smiled weakly at him before tugging the front door open and staring out into the dark wold. She sighed, shutting the door and heading on her way home, snow falling lightly on her head.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

ANASTASIA stepped into her home, pulling at her gloves. She sighed, taking in the scent of apple pie. Her mother stroll into the room, smiling at her daughter. Anastasia returned the favor, walking over to her mom and giving her a hug. 

"I've missed you." Her mother sighed into Anastasia's knock, and Anastasia chuckled. Her mother always missed her, even if it was only a few minutes since they had last seen each other. 

"Oh mother, you saw me this morning." Anastasia laughed, walking into the kitchen. There was an apple mixture on the table, and it made her feel at home. Anastasia sighed, walking over to the table. She pulled her messy brown hair back, placing her hands on the table as her mother walked into the room.

Anastasia finally felt at home. She had peace, she was happy. She wishes she could feel like this forever. Never feel sad ever again, always happy. but she knew that would never happen. 

Especially with her not knowing Gilbert was leaving. 

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

Okay, I'm so, so, so sorry! I haven't posted in forever, and I've just been so busy. Any who, the next chapter will be the last, I'm sorry to say. I really did enjoy writing this book, but I will either make a sequel about season two, or about Anastasia and Gilbert in the future. I also am not able to edit this at the moment, so I'm very sorry about any spelling mistakes.