viii.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆

ANASTASIA sat in her room, staring at the books displayed on her desk. She sighed, turning to look out the window. She felt a sickening feeling in her stomach. Jack was leaving today, and she did not have a good feeling about it.

  She let out a deep breath, placing her hands on the windowsill. her ghostly reflection staring back at her as she watched her brother jump onto his horse. She closed her eyes, turning around swiftly, slamming her book closed. She had already, of course, said her very long, and rehearsed goodbye to Jack.

  She felt sadness pass over her, but a bit of anger was nestled somewhere in the back of her brain.  Why did her mother let Jack leave again, she didn't even try to convince him not to. She seemed to be having an argument with herself. One side of her brain was telling her it was her mother's fault, but one side was trying to convince herself that it isn't her mother's fault. She convinced herself it was not her mother's fault.

  She walked out of the room, and down the hallway. She found herself in front of her coat and scarf. Wrapping them around her body, she grabbed a basket of bread, and hastily walk out the door. The cold hit her in the face, instantly turning her face a light pink. Snow fell from the sky slowly, a halo of snowflakes forming on her head. She sighed, breathing in the cold air, her head turned upwards, feeling the water from the melting snowflakes trickle down her face.

  She smiled, running over to her gate. It sprung open, as the wind was quite strong. She shut it, making her way over to the Cuthbert's house. She sighed as she reached the front door, knocking twice. Marilla opened the door, looking confused until she looked down at the girl. She smiled kindly, noticing the basket in her arms.

  "Hello Marilla, I'm here to drop off some bread mother made." She smiled sweetly, handing the basket to the older woman. Marilla smiled gratefully, opening the door and allowing the girl to step in.

  "It's been so long since I've seen you, dear. How's your mother, and Jack, of course." Marilla questioned, setting the bread on the table and motioning for her to sit. Anastasia complied, sitting down and tapping her for.

  "Oh, they are wonderful. jack just left not too long ago, so I'm quite sad about that-"

  "Marilla, have you seen my grey dress?" Anne cut Anastasia off as Morilla poured a bit of tea in a cup for Anastasia. She glanced up, giving her a quick smile.

  "It's by the fire, dear, once you get dressed, would you like to join us?" Marilla questioned. Anne nodded her head, and Marilla placed an extra cup at the table.

  "Well, have you heard any word from your father, dear." Anastasia shook her head sadly, letting out a breath.

  "No, he hasn't contacted us since he left, which is really quite a shame." Anastasia smiled sadly at Marilla who smiled back at her. She felt comfortable here.

  "Well, how is Gilbert Blythe. Anne here sure loves to talk about how much she dislikes him." Anastasia blushed ever so slightly, looking down, and then back up.

  'Gilbert is doing-uh he's doing well. yes, well." Anne was trying to suppress giggles from beside Anastasia. she nodded, taking a sip of her tea smiling into it.

  They continued their talk with small smiles exchanged between Anne and Anastasia. she set down her glass, standing up. She smiled sweetly at Marilla, walk-in over to the door, and placing her hand on the handle.

  "Thank you so much, It meant a lot. Nice to have someone else to talk too. But I must go and say my hellos to Gilbert and his father. he isn't doing too well, I would just like to visit." Anastasia turned back, smiling at the two.

  "Good luck with Gilbert, Anastasia," Marilla said, just before Anastasia shut the door. She raised an eyebrow, stopping for a few moments before shrugging it off, walking down the path. Now to Gilbert's house.

ºᴼ°∙∘☆
Okay, so if root to mention the last chapter, but I'm just going to pretend that Gilbert and Anastasia are fifteen, and the others are twelve. Also i app;ogive for any spelling errors. And, Anastasia is a very confusing girl lmao.

(Also, I can spell lmao)
~reba