The Snow Monarch

"Esker the wimp?", Demion asked. The name did ring a bell, a white haired wimpy kid.

"Now he uses a new moniker, The Snow Monarch."

"But didn't he die in the great war?", Demion questioned. He clearly remembered Esker's ice magic going haywire, freezing his own body in process.

"Why don't you find out yourself. You'll find him further north."

Demion got up, brushing dust from the side of his pants, "Further north huh?... That would be cold."

"It will be. Very cold.", Aracius said as he showed up at the entrance of the cave.

Demion looked up at him to see that his clothing had undergone considerable changes. He now wore dark blue cloak & baggy pants. Bandages ran up from his ankle to knees to wrap up those pants close to his skin. A black bandana was wrapped around his blond head covering most of it. But the thing that drew Demion's attention were 5 magic staves on his back, strapped by a leather belt across his body.

"I also need a change of cloths. Do you hav—"

"Wait.", The alchemist interupted, walking out of the cave.

A moment later he returned and handed a purple-tinged shirt to Demion. And shoes cause he was bare-footed.

"Why did you let him keep my hand?", Demion asked while doing his shirt buttons.

"Why don't you find out yourself.", The alchemist replied giving a smug smile and threw a brown tattered poncho towards Demion. "Take this."

Demion with his hand trapped between buttons & holes, couldn't catch it and let it veil over his face. While he grumbled from beneath, " I only have one hand..."

Demion walked out of the cave over to the rocky shoreline. Something caught his attention. The ever-lasting shadow covering everything in his view. He turned around. And almost mistook it for a gigantic pillar piercing the skies, rising from deep inside the forest.

"The tree of Elixer.", The alchemist showed up beside him, himself looking at it with eyes full of wonder.

"Was it always this big?", Demion wondered, lifting his sight till it reached the canopy.

" Yes.", Aracius showed up on his other side. "That's one of the main reasons for hiding the island."

It was true. The canopy almost covered the whole island under it.

"The reason why the island is hidden, is to protect it from humans.", Demion sighed. "From their lust and greed for power."

"The tree is a god in itself. It must be protected from evil. But what you're pursuing is no different.", the alchemist said, smiling at Demion.

"I'm pursuing something that has always been mine.", Demion replied. "I'm leaving."

"Wait. You don't know the way. You don't know the lands. How will you get there? Take Aracius with you.", the alchemist suggested.

"I know the direction. North. And beyond this island there is only one country, the Land of Ironfog."

"You don't know the land. You don't know the people. Aracius will escort you.", The alchemist replied Demion.

"Whatever", Demion turned towards Aracius. "Show me the way."

"Yeah, let's leave.", Aracius took a heavy breadth. "Ianuae Magicae!"

The alchemist curled up his face to a goodbye sigh or at least he tried.
.
.
.
"Hmm, so this is the land of Ironfog.", Demion frowned at the snow, lying here & there.