Demion & Hilda

"How dare you enter my chamber!", Hilda roared with disgust at a headless Demion. "Leave this instant!"

"I'm standing at your room access. I haven't entered.", Demion's right hand tried to be as polite as possible. Trying not to enrage the already furious Adelhamian princess anymore.

"Don't you dare cross my words you low-life scum!", Hilda's thundering voice echoed round the room. "Why are you here?"

"Give me my head back.", Demion asked, unsure of what will be the consequences.

"Say what!!!"

Though headless, somehow Demion was able gulp & control his urge to leave. He needed the head back. He repeated, " Give me the Prince of Skeken's head back... Please."

Hilda didn't replied. A deadly silence filled the air, Demion felt uneasiness gripping him hard. Hilda was too furious to say anything, at any moment Demion could fall down in pieces. Demion summoned up another ounce of courage and spoke, "If you won't say anything then I'll take your silence as yes."

"You're still here? How dare you? How dare you make such demands to me!", Hilda chuckled. "You really asked for it didn't you! What do you think Hadrian is?!"

"He's nothing to me cause he's no more. Prince Hadrian of Skelen is no more. And I suppose, you know, that a dead person doesn't needs a head. And I need a head. It's a profit on both sides.", Demion replied, being sure Hilda won't be pleased. But what else could he have said, being blunt was in his nature.

Hilda's eyes widened as she tried to process what she heard. And when she finally did, her face twitched. "You think so?", she growled, Demion could already feel her depression. "I'll tell you what will be profitable. You being put to justice. You being executed..."

Demion listened to the reply with keenest interest, especially to its tone. At first he thought her voice had nothing but anger & hatred in it. But his experience on humans told him otherwise, Demion could clearly distinguish the utter helplessness & sense of defeat in it. After all, there was no denying the fact that Prince Hadrian is dead. And for some reason, seeing Hilda at a loss of words made him proud of himself. "You cannot simply execute me. We had an accord and according to it I'm protected as a inhabitant of Adelham. And I'm glad you understood that Prince Hadrian is dead.", each pair of lips on Demion's right arm curved into their own unique smile.

Hilda cursed herself for not being able to kill off the vileness in front of her. But killing Demion would be like disobeying the king. She breathed deep to calm herself down. "Vile creatures like you'll never understand us, humans. Now, we did had an accord so, why don't you get to work?"

"This is all about work. What do you think will happen if I went out in public without a head? How do you expect a human to react if he saw me? And... I need eyes.", Demion quetched.

Her attempts of being calm were shattered, arguing with the demon over her lover's head was too much for her. "People should know what you are. They should see you as what you really are. The fact that you're helping my nation seems delusive. No, it is delusive! And about eyes, someone like you doesn't deserves sight. Not the eyes of Hadrian, not anyone else's.", Hilda thundered.

Hilda's words got Demion. How could she say that he didn't deserved sight? She has no idea what its like to be blind, when everything around you is black. What did she knew about him, nothing more than a grave misconceptions. Demion clenched his hands into fists, "I don't even know where to begin with. To be honest, I never really expected anything from you..."

Demion hushed up. His mind was full of countless unpleasant things he wanted to speak up about Hilda but, the insides of his mouth had dried up. He was pushing his luck too far. He felt the immediate need of eyes to study Hilda's features. Demion was sure, her face would be criss-crossed with fury. Yes, there was nothing wise about speaking ill of about this Adelhamian princess.

What Demion said had quite the opposite effect. A convulsive smile ran over Hilda's face. "Expectations? From me, huh? The only thing you should expect from me is death.", she finished in a mocking chuckle.

Demion hated it. The irrational, unpredictable behaviour of humans; laughing over anything & everything. Why did she laugh, what was the reason behind her laughter? Was it fake, was it to make him feel uncomfortable or did he said something really funny? Each time he though about it, the more confused he got. He was feeling real uneasy. After gathering one last ounce of courage, he spoke up, "Give me back the head."

"You're still at it? Listen you demon! No. Actually, what should I call you? You're worse than a demon.", Hilda flashed a sarcastic smile. Her eyes moved over to Demion's scrawny, black left hand, hanging out of his shirt sleeve. Then over to his right arm. The sight of Demion's right arm, with atrocious mouths all over it, their splited tongue waggling in & out... was too much for her. She felt like throwing over. "Nothing comes to me when I look at you, so ugly. Let's see, what should we call a savage who proves his name right in every way. Inflicting pain & sorrows upon the world, like that's the mission of his life. What did you wanted, poping out off nowhere during the Battle of Fallen Sky , deceiving us to think of you as an ally & skilfully betraying us in the end. Get this straight, you're the purest form of evil there can be. Disappear this instant, and don't ever talk to me about anything related to Hadrian."

Demion listened quietly, although burning on the inside. Enough, he had enough of these humans. He started, "Hadrian... Hadrian... Hadrian. Is dead. Dead..."

"You're playing with fire.", Hilda growled though clenched teeth.

Demion turned a deaf ear & continued, "So where was I? Yes, Hadrian is dead. I killed him. He's gone. And no matter what you do, he won't come back. So why? Why won't you give his head to me? Actually it's not even his head anymore, it's only a head belonging to a lifeless body. His consciousness's long gone. Why are you so attached to his head? What are you expecting, why won't you just let go of it?"

Demion felt he was saying more than he should. But seeing Hilda get so worked up over a lifeless head, he lost it. "This thing is like a disease of you humans, not letting go of a dead body. What is a dead body but an empty shell? Why does it matters what happens to it? You humans have cared for the bodies of the dead since ages. And now it's unthinkable for you to throw away the corpses and leave them to the elements. Dead bodies only matter because you have decided that they matter. Covering the dead in shrouds, putting them inside coffins, burying them, creating tombs. Why? And as for the Battle of Fallen Sky, you humans would've been eradicated without me. Humans, always suffering from severe supiriority complex, indifferent to their real place in the world. Trapped in their own void world."

As soon as Demion finished, a black sword landed on his left arm. It would've ripped open his chest if he hadn't blocked it. A few drops of red had painted the floor. The Zaphkeil was still as effective as ever. And Hilda? Demion thought how she would've looked, her red eyes glimmering, rich green hair fluttering back and forth, Zaphkeil glowing red in her hands. A true demon if you asked Demion. "Try to keep yourself alive till you've served your usefulness to my nation. Don't ever talk to me ever again.", Hilda spoke, cold red eyes radiating het bloodlust towards him.

Demion backed away and Hilda pulled away Zaphkeil. Demion realized he had pushed Hilda past her limits. And it amused him, after all she had done the same to him. He turned and slammed the door close as he left. Leaving a somewhat broken & shattered Hilda.

So how was this one Plz comment. And vote if you liked it.
And we have touched 400 reads🎊🎉 I'm super happy!!