Rivals & Foes

With his left arm back, Demion had gained back his superhuman physical feats. After a long of 6 yrs he was back at his full power, he smiled a little, he was happy.

"Sepultura Glacies!"

Esker clapped his hands & two shelfs of ice clapped close like that of a book, crushing Demion in between.

"Now it's your turn, Aracius.", Esker snarled turning towards Aracius. "Stabbing on me from behind, huh?..."

Aracius only pointed towards the fused ice shelfs. Esker turned around to see a crack on the ice, slowly evolving, spreading.

The ice shelf crooked & shrieked its last breadth as a lightning fast figure broke through it & stood in front of Esker. Esker's eyes recognized it but it was already too late. A black fist smashed against his chest. Ripples of shockwave ran through his body and it exploded, scattering every part of him in different directions.

"No blood?", Demion asked, surprised.

"Yes! But you almost killed him.", Aracius replied staring at Demion's left hand.

"He too, almost killed me. If I didn't had my left hand I would have been crushed.", Demion sighed, then frowned. "He is not dead?"

"No! You rascals!"

Demion saw with wide-open eyes & Aracius frowned to see a ice blue orb floating on air. Snow dust was swirling around & clinging to it. Taking a human shape & finally into Esker.

"As good as new huh?", Esker smiled vicious.

"A Necrokinesis orb. Can revive its user from death countless times. Only way to kill, destroy the orb.", Aracius frowned even harder.

Demion observed Esker for a moment then spoke, "You. Talked like we were friends. I've a favour to ask. Join me."

Esker rubbed his chin in a thought manner, "Hmm. Fine, I'll. Anyways I've rusted, couldn't see that coming. Need to get back on the battlefield."

"So what now?", Aracius enquired.

"Adelham."

"Don't tell me you're after the princess.", Aracius breathed a smoky sigh.

Esker's laughter echoed in the thick air, "That girl! Don't you remember what she did to you last time." Esker pressed his hands against his stomach trying hard to stop but couldn't, "And you're going back for more?!"

Demion's facial expression turned gloomy, "Felix can wait but she...... will kill me at first sight. So I'm going. I must. Or else she'll come for me..."

"Yes. You're right. Cause...", said Aracius making Esker raise an eye brow. "You've the head of her lover."

Demion stared at Aracius for a moment, then clasped his face between his palms & let out a chuckleish sound. He cursed his fate, cursed the gods and cursed the owner of his head how he could have let that woman fall in love.

"Don't worry. If you're too afraid, I'll freeze her for you.", Esker's voice cracked, full of pity.

=============================
Adelham

Hilda was sitting on the edge of her bed, facing an open window & a setting Sun. Polishing Zaphkeil. What she usually did, in a very bad mood. Her face gloomy & sullen with sadness. Sadness amassed in the form of tears, almost spilling out of the vermilion eyes.

"Hilda!", someone shouted, slamming the door open.

"Who permitted you to enter my chamber without permission?", the words came out off her, almost crushed between gritted teeth. "General Helios..."