ho(spit)al

Mars' PoV
"How long is she keeping you?" Asks Lily in a hushed tone.
"Till Monday," I respond unenthusiasticly.
"Oooo," Marlene says, her face scrunched.
"Anyway. How was your date?" I ask Lily. She and Marlene sit at the side of of my bed, Marlene is glowing and Lily is ensconced in an oversized jacket.
"It wasn't a date," she answers, but she is smiling at her hands, barely visible from the sleeves.
"I didn't realize it took five hours to explain transfiguration," says Marlene with a smirk.
"Well," she says looking a little sheepish, "we ended up going to the astronomy tower, and he lent me his jacket because I got cold, and I forgot my jacket this morning."
Marlene and I share a knowing glance.
"And what about you Marls?" I ask, my stomach twinges, I wonder if thats an after affect. "What did you and Sirius talk about?"
She beams and my heart starts to feel odd, I'll have to talk to madam Pomfrey later.
"he asked me to be his girlfriend!" She says grinning wide.
"WHAT?" I yell, feeling simultaneously excited and sick.
"I know."
"Did you say yes?"
"Yes."
"Then what!?" I'm yelling.
"He kissed me."
Lily laughs, madam Pomfrey comes bustling over.
"Girls, this patient needs rest!" She says sternly. "You can visit later."
They bid me adieu and I am left to my own thoughts.

Sirius' PoV
"Is she okay?" I ask Marlene as she and Lily meet up with me, James, Peter and Remus.
"Yeah, but Pomfrey is keeping her till Monday." She says, linking her arm through mine. In the back of my mind, I vaguely register that It feels unnatural.

Monday...

I'm woken from my thoughts by a sneering drawl.
"Potter." Snape says with a scowl.
"Snivellus," he say says cooly, subtley wraping an arm around Lily.
His beady black eyes bluge out of his head as he steps closer. I see Lily tense up.
"Nice jacket. Lily," He says looking her up and down.
"Thanks, it's mine," James says cooly as he steps slightly in front of her. "And it looks better on her dormitory floor."
Snape looks like he is going to hit somebody, probably James
"Why do you even care Snape," she says stepping out from behind James and close to Snape. "After all, I'm just. a filthy. little. mudblood." She stares him down and he steps back with a sneer, but the hurt in his eyes betray his expression.
"Come on James," she says, turning and grabbing his arm.
"Oh it's "James" now is it?" He asks coldly.
"Yeah, it is. Since he isn't the biggest jerk I know now." She shoots back over her shoulder. "You are."
"Let it go Snape " James says through gritted teeth, "you had your chance, and you blew it."
"Oh, and you haven't?" He says angrily.
"I might be an arse sometimes, but I'm not a wanna be deatheater who hurts people close to me."
And at that moment, snape snapped. He didn't use a wand, he just socked James right in the jaw.
he stepped back, shaking his hand.
James' face was stunned and enraged.
He works his mouth and spit blood at snape's feet, then turns and walks away, his arm wrapped around Lily again.
We followed as he walked.
"You need to go see madam Pomfrey," She said, lightly touching his red jaw.
"It'll be fine he said dismissively as he let his arm fall from her shoulders.
"You should go mate," I say, thinking that I have yet to visit Mars.
"Fine," he says.
"I'll walk you." Lily and I say in unison.
"You can both come," he says, "we can make a parade out of it, show of my new shiner." He smirks.

Mars' PoV
I was asleep. Until James and Lily burst through the doors. My eyes flutter open and in can't help but smile. But he has a bruise on his jaw, and someone else is with them.
I can just make out the form of Sirius behind James.
My stomach clenches again. I really should ask madam pomfrey about that.  
I shut my eyes again and pretend that I am still asleep.
"Now Mr. Potter, you must stop getting in fights!"
I open my eyes just enough to see her dabbing bruise ointment on his jaw.
"Now you may leave," she says, pushing them to the door.
Sirius really refuse to move, then says something I can't quite hear.
"No, you cannot. Miss Rawls is resting."
My stomach flips and I close my eyes tight again.
"Now go," she says and I hear them shuffle out.