Nightmare

What the bloody hell Mars! I reprimanded myself as I slipped weak kneed off the counter. don't let your guard down again! I knew immediately that my gaurd was hardly up in the first place. I cursed my weak will as I couldn't stop shaking.
He had kissed me. Really kissed me, and, as far as I knew, he wasn't drunk.
Still feeling weak and unstable, I walked over to the refrigerator to see what I could make for dinner.
"The fridge is empty," I announced, turning back to Sirius.
He stood there with one hand in his hair, the other resting on the counter, staring at me.
"What?" I asked defensively, tugging at the neck of my shirt.
He didn't answer.
"Okay, well, we'll have to get something to eat, it's nearly five o'clock," I said, doing a double take. Nearly five? That couldn't be, it was three when we had made it home!
How long was that bloody kiss? Not nearly long enough. I thought to myself. Oh shut up. I told the idiot part of my brain.
"Sirius." I said. "Did you hear me?" I asked impatiently.
"No," He said turning to me, drawing a hand down his face.
"Okay, well are you listening now?" I asked
"No."
"At least you're honest," I muttered, rolling my eyes and reaching for the keys to the car.
"Come on, let's go you tosser," I said, grabbing his wrist.

He look down at my hand that held onto his wrist. I dragged him, still dazed to the garage. My hand was so small that my fingers couldn't close all the way around his wrist.
After he tried--unsuccessfully--to slide across the bonnet of the car, he sat in his seat and buckled himself in.
I fiddled with the dials on the dash until I found a good station.
The familiar tune of Here comes the sun by the Beatles played over the radio.
I smiled as I backed out of the garage.
I started down the road and couldn't help but laugh as Sirius pretended he knew the words to the songs.
oh god, why does he have to do that? He's not making this any easier. Damn I really did like him.

Sirius'PoV
Mars told me I could sleep in her bed if I promised to behave. I told her I would see and she punched me, so she told me I could sleep on the couch, but I complained and promised to be good.
So she lent me one of her many oversized shirts--it fit me perfectly--and I threw it in with my boxers.
I think i fell asleep first, she had opened the window, letting the cool night breeze blow in, the dark room was calm and quiet except for her breathing.
I must have woken up because she was crying. It was three o'clock. I sat up slowly and carefully.
Her eyes were closed tight, still fast asleep, clearly dreaming.
"Mars?" I whispered gently. "Mars, love, wake up," I soothed, brushing her redish brown hair out of her face.
She flinched at the touch but stayed asleep.
I ran my fingers across her cheek. "Please, love, wake up, it's just a dream."
She woke with a start, looking wildly around the room. She looked at me with unshed tears in her large brown eyes, breathing heavily.
"Its okay, it's okay, it was just a bad dream, I'm here."
She nodded before the tears started spilling out of her eyes.
"Oh, okay, it's okay," I wrapped my arms around her and she went limp against me.
I leaned against the headboard, still holding her, she turned and buried her face in my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist.
I leaned my head on hers. "Its okay, I'm here," I whispered, but her eyes were closed, her breathing had become normal again.
oh Merlin,  she was so close. I kissed the top of her head.
I didn't sleep after that. I wasn't going to let her nightmare come back, but I drifted off in the early morning.

When I woke the next morning, my arms were empty and so was the bed, I stretched and rolled out of bed, rubbing the crick in my neck.
I trotted down the stairs, following Mars' voice.
She sang as she danced around the kitchen, adding ingredients to a bowl, stopping mid twirl, to see me standing there.
"Oh, um,  good morning," she smiled shyly.
"Hey," I said giving a small laugh.
I hopped up onto the counter next to her, "What are you making your boyfriend for breakfast?" I asked cheekily.
"Sirius," she said, she looked up at me, rolling her eyes as she stirred the batter.
"we aren't actually dating."
"Yes we are," I insisted, "you even said so."
"Yes, well I didn't mean it."
My heart stopped. "Well that's not very nice," I muttered moodily
"I know, I'm really sorry," she said, putting batter on the griddle for hot cakes.
"Okay," I said, feeling a little shaky. "What about that kiss?"
"I don't know, what about it?" She asked nonchalantly.
"Um," I said, starting to get a little frustrated. "Well we kissed. And if I'm not mistaken, it was a real kiss. So..."
"We were victims of the circumstances, I don't blame you. It was hormones. I was the closest girl. Hell, you would have snogged Remus if he had been there," she rambled, flipping hot cakes.
"The closest girl?" I asked, in disbelief, "Mars, in a room of one hundred girls, I would always chose you, and who the hell wouldn't kiss Remus, have you seen him? and yeah, hormones, mine go crazy when I see you, you can't tell me that I'm the only one who feels this, victims of the circumstance my arse, the circumstance was i finally did what I've wanted to do for the longest time. I can't stop thinking about that bloody kiss and you keep acting like it was a mistake, or that it didn't even happen." I countered passionately.
She had frozen, staring ahead. I saw her hand shake as she moved to put the cakes on a plate, still saying nothing.
"So what about that bloody kiss?" I demanded. "Tell me I wasn't the only one who felt it."
"Damm," she gave, placing the plate on the counter. "Of course I felt it."
The spatula clattered to the floor as grabbed her around the waist and kissed her again.