Chapter Four

A/N: Just a filler... A little longer than the other chapters so far, but good news! I'm posting the next chapter tomorrow! It's already written! I'm trying to update more often, and I'm sorry all to all of you waiting. I promise you won't have to wait as long as you had to before again.

Comment, Vote, Fan! ILY!

~Taylor

~Liam's POV~

Everyone who we'd invited to the barbeque had arrived, and we were just waiting on Zayn and Perrie. I had a beer in my hand as I flipped the hot dogs and hamburger patties on the grill. "Wonder where Zayn and Perrie are," Harry said as he towel dried his wet hair and sat down in a chair. "Yeah, they should be here," I said. "Will you watch the grill while I go see where they are?" He nodded and took my place before I walked over to Danielle.

"Hey," I said as I came up to my fiance. All she did was sigh. "What's that sigh about?" I asked. "I just got a text from Zayn." she said as she held her phone up to me. I read the text on the screen:

From: 'Zayn Malik'

'can't make it. sometin went wrong. plz understand. Z'      Well, that was weird. "What happened?" I asked. "I dunno, I was going to call and see if they're okay. Should I?" she asked. "I would, just to make sure." I said. She put her phone up to her ear and was silent for a few moments. "Hey, Z. It's Dani, I was just calling to make sure you and Perrie are okay. If I can do anything, please let me know. Love you." and she hung up. "Voicemail." she said.  I nodded. "Don't stress on it, Baby. Here, I'll try Zayn, and if he doesn't answer, we'll go find out after the barbeque." I said. She nodded. I kissed her temple before walking off and pulling out my phone and calling Zayn. "Hey, this is Zayn. I can't reach my phone right now, but leave a message and I'll get back to ya." *Beeep* "Hey, mate, I'm calling to see if you're okay. You seemed to've shaken up Danielle with that text, we're worried about ya, mate. Give me a call back when you can." and I hung up. I walked back towards Danielle who was sitting by Maddy, Kylie, Eleanor, and Alex.

"Did you get ahold of him?" Dani asked. "No," I said. "but lets give them time." She sighed and nodded before going back to her conversation with the girls. Harry had turned the radio on a while ago, but I doubted anyone was listening to it. I saw him laughing with Louis and Mark as he flipped the meat again. Niall was managing to keep all of the kids occupied/entertained, so I figured that this was my cue to relax and enjoy the rest of the night.

By the time everyone had eaten, we'd turned the slip-n-slide off, sense the kids seemed tired of it. Everyone was basically in their own conversations while the kids were all by the playground set. It was getting darker out, and the misquitos were coming out, seeing as it was going on 8:00. I'd planned on having a bon fire tonight, so Harry, Mark, Niall and I got that set up. Dani and Eleanor were busy putting bug spray on the kids, and themselves. Once Kylie and Maddy came back with the Smore materials, we got the fire going. The kids seemed excited to have their first bon fire of the year. I enjoyed watching everone smiling, laughing, having a good time and forgetting about the world for the night. Mark seemed to make himself right at home with the lads and the girls. He must've felt awkward, seeing as he was the only single guy here, and there weren't any single women here. Next time, I'll be sure to hook him up with somebody. I'll just have to remember to do so when the time comes.

Niall had my guitar in his lap as he strummed the chords in a nice melody while talking with Maddy and Mark. Everyone was once again in their own conversations, including myself. It was around 9:00 when little Harper started fussing, and within ten minutes, Mark and his children said goodbye to everyone and were gone. "He seems like a great father." Harry said to me. "Yeah, and a nice guy. Too bad there wasn't a single lass here tonight." I said. "His oldest daughter seemed really fun, too. I saw how she played with all the kids earlier. You should use her as a babysitter or something." he said. "Y'know, that's actually not a bad idea." I smiled.