Daddy's Pearl

"Nena, well done my child, I heard we pull more than 100k out of this hit."

Pops got older but never lost his swag. Mom's died 2 years ago in a car accident. I think the only thing that kept me here was my pops. I never thought this what my moms wanted for me, but she couldn't stop that shit for happing either. Pops had plans for me. He said I'm beautiful and lethal at the same damn time. I took my looks from my moms. I stand at 5'9 redbone and hazel eyes.  I built nicely with curves and hips. I wear my hair natural and long down to my shoulders.  I keep my style classy and hood. I took my style from my moms I wear my clothes tighter than my moms but she wore hers with more confident.

" Yeah got that money and some more information."

Pops office was in the back of his laundromat in downtown Newport News. It's been here a minute. The walls still had the 1990s paint and TV.  The classic washers and industry dryers still worked. He kept it clean and well organized. He didn't care as long no one fucks with him. His office was painted all white, with books and receipt everywhere. He had a small TV to monitor the outside.  I remembered after school spending my afternoons under the desk doing homework. Right in the center is a wooden desk. With pictures of moms and me,  I see why pops stay here all the time.

"What information?"

" More money, more problems. He got houses and cribs all up D.C. and Maryland. He said his brother is handling it. Also, he runs shit all in that area, so...if you want to expand."

" My dude Brooks,  that's Big Jay's competition up there, I see If I can split some shit with him. Yet he's a nigga to work. It's dry out there. I'm not greedy. Go and check out about that D.C. shit. Talk to his brother."

"Got it."

I walked out of the office and into My 2016 all gray Audi Sudan and run to my boy Dee house. Pops told me to help take over Big Jays territory. Get niggas on the team. I have to get my crew together, we have some work to do.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

I pulled up to my partner Dee's house just in time. I saw Ricky, Loz, and Sean just walking towards the back of the house. I can hear music pumping and people laughing. I do not dress for this shit. These niggas are the most.

Dee has been in my life since I can remember. He grew up in Steward gardens where Pops use to trapped out of. Our moms were high school friends and got knocked up together. So, no wonder we stuck with each other. We kill and rob together. I will not see it no other way.

" Nena, yo come here. Yo, sis, we got to see about getting you a gun. Chopping niggas head off is getting old. Got to switch it up."

" Naw, I am done before you put your gun out."

Dee was your typical Downtown Newport news nigga. He wore that shit proudly. He was dark skin with slanted brown eyes. He was not that tall but he's attitude make him 7feet. People want to be around him and some feared him.

" Shit, you may be right. That's why you do all the legwork."

"Oh, that's what you call it, legwork."

" Bitch, these niggas out here are scared of the Pearl. That's what I call work."

" Well, pops said don't let niggas just respect you, they have to fear you too."

" Well, you did a fucking great job with that. For real!"

" We need to talk"

I walked towards the back door of the house while my crew followed. I made my way to the back room where we always conduct our business.