The Basement

"Pops what are you doing here? How you find me?" I stood there half naked and confused. Where's Jaylen?

" Get dress" He threw me the shirt that was off the floor. After I finish getting dress, pops ordered a couple of guys to cut me from my chains.

"You didn't answer my question where is Jaylen? What you do." He looked mad. His eyes were burning a hole in my soul. He knew I fucked up.

"You have the nerve to ask me what the fucked did I do, baby girl." Yelled pops. He ordered his men to drag me downstairs and into the car.

The ride was silent. Loz was driving with Dee in the front seat. They all seem mad and disgusted with me. I didn't do anything wrong. Did they know I was tied up to a heater? I stay lost in my thoughts and kept my head down.

The car stopped at our spot in D.C. It seems Jaylen was lying. We weren't off the grid. We were not far from D.C. at all. Stupid. I would have taken me to Florida or something. Stupid nigga. Of course, they found us.

Dee got out the passenger side and open my side of the car.

"Get the fuck out" Why Dee mad at me? Dee grab my arms and dragged me out the car. He was shaking the whole time. I guess in a minute I will find out why.

They dragged me out the car and pull me into the house. Nothing has been cleaned since the last time we were here. Dee took me and edge me on to the place I dredge. The basement.

I can hear smacks of fists and groans from the bottom of the steps. I got pushed further down into darkness until I saw a light beam in the corner.

"So, you fucked my daughter and still had her tied up in chains." Pops, blowing fists to Jaylen face. I never saw my dad hit anyone. It seems he had to put in work back of the days. With each blow, it seems like he enjoyed it.

"Baby girl, this is the nigga you ran off with." Pops turned to me and anticipated my answer.

I couldn't speak. I thought I made my choice and was going to run with him. Now, the look on my pops face seems like disappoint.

" Then tied her trader ass up"

My dad, my father the one who raised me. Will do this. I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I begged and plead for my pops to hear me. But he was not hearing it. He got Dee and Sean to tie me up and gag my mouth. They decided to punch me in the face to shut me up. Pops turned his back on me and went up the stairs.

The beating was worst then I imagine. The times I use to do this to my victims, I didn't have a thought in my mind. I was taking orders just like a good soldier. All I could do at this point was to stop crying and take the blows like a man. At times between the hits, I could see Jaylen's face staring at me in pain. Now he has to know I choose him and I was going to run with him.

It seems Sean got tired and went upstairs to re-up. I couldn't open my eyes from the swelling, but I can see Jaylen nodding off from the pain. I moan loud to tell him to stay up. They will beat him until he wakes up. I wonder what my pops are going to do to me and Jaylen. I know he is going to kill us that's for sure. Then, what's taking him so long? I'm here, Jaylen here. So what is he waiting for? I look in Jaylen's eyes as best as I can. I really did care for him. If we die today, then I got the chance to love. I may be pregnant right now. Our child will die with us.

Sean came back into the basement to continue the beating. He stands 6'5, big and black as night. When he hits your face you hear a loud pop. My heart beating fast while he walked a little closer. He pulls up a chair and sat in front of me.

"Where's the money. I see you and your nigga was going to run with it. I just need to know where is it. He is not talking. But if you love this nigga then you help him out and tell me. I let y'all talk  among yourself." Sean got up and walk straight out. Why he think I know where the fuck the money is. I was chain up to heater the whole time. I looked over to Jaylen with tears in my eyes. I should have killed him. I will not be in this situation.

I looked over one more time and saw Jaylen eyes looking down at his ankle. His mouth was swollen shut. But he can still use his head. That one eye that was barely open kept moving down and up back up at me. He did it for a minute until his head wouldn't allow him to do it anymore. I guess he wants me to go in his sock. I scoot the chair as close as I  can and push my chair to the floor. The sound was loud. I didn't move until I know the coast was clear. I scoot more while my back to Jaylen and felt for his leg. I see what he is looking at. He had a small knife stuff in his sock. I pulled it out and start cutting away the rope. I had to be quick before Sean come back. I finally got free and walked towards Jaylen. His face seems happy and free.

I looked over and saw Pearl on the table. I really missed her. I walked over and picked her up to feel her in my hands again. I was lost in thought. I know what I got to do. Pops do not get involved unless he is teaching you lesson. I can hear Jaylen moaning in the background to set him free. I ran over and took the gag off his mouth.

" I was going to run with you. Where's the money." I walking over to the back of the chair to cut the rope. 

" It's in the house under the board.. very secret. Now hurry up and get me out of here!" He barely can talk but I heard every word.

I stop in my tracks. I can see Jaylen stop moving and yelled some more. I got up and walked in front of him.

"You know I care for you right?" I stood over him and kissed his lips with so much passion. I explore his tongue and pull his bottom lips. I stood up and looked into his eyes. "I love you" With one slice I separated his head from his body. His head rolled on the floor with tears still falling from his eyes.

"I always will love you."