Chapter 3

It had been two weeks since he had declared his dedication to Miracle. Or something on the same line.

            He, himself was pretty shocked by the words he had said that day in the car. Those words were never supposed to come out. Those words were a bunch of secret promises he had made to his father and Ethan. Miracle was never supposed to know about these promises.

               In a way, she still doesn't. But, now she is aware of his intention of sticking close to her for the whole of her life.

                 What if she thinks lowly of me?

          Eh, what sort of non-sense am I thinking! Of course, she won't. Miracle is not like that.

             But still I have this nagging feeling. I feel like I am behaving like a total stalker. You know? Those totally obsessed weird stalkers who stand outside their obsession's work place, house, school, college and etc.

               His thoughts were valid. Looking at the situation right now, he surely seemed like a stalker.

            Who would sneak into a woman's house in the middle of the night, other than a stalker?

                  Taking a deep calming breath, he slowly pushed the spare key into the key-hole. After few unsuccessful attempts of opening it, due to his severe nervousness, the lock gave a small sound of 'Tick' . Indicating that the lock had opened.

                Kayden carefully went inside and made sure that the door didn't make a sound while closing. Creeping inside, he took a good look at her living room. The room seemed spotless clean. Not a speck of dust to be found. The sofa cushions were arranged properly, the plush white carpet graced the centre of the room elegantly and an enlarged picture of Ethan and Holly posing together was put up on the front wall.

                 Typical Miracle. Clean freak!

               After inspecting the living room and other two guest rooms, it was finally time for him to check out her bedroom. Where she was peacefully sleeping and drifting off in her dreamland. Again with light footsteps he made his way to her bedroom.

                 Now he exactly knew what it felt like to be a ninja. All those junior high-school years, he wasted his time wondering how they felt. He should have just sneaked into Miracle's bedroom long ago.

              Well it was too late for that now. If anyone saw 32 year old Kayden behaving like a ninja, he would become a laughing stock in front of his employees.

                 He straightened himself up and entered her room. Her bedroom gave away the feeling of public library. There were more than five book-shelves and even more books on her study/computer table. The small queen-sized bed at the corner of the room was the only proof, saying that this was her bedroom. Well other than the fact, that she was fast asleep on that bed.

               As soon as he saw that bed, an evil smile spread across his face. It had been a long time since they had shared beds. It was during his high school years that they had slept together on one bed. Because apparently, Miracle could not sleep without him on family outings and other stuff. As time passed they had grown more distant. Though he loved the way she snuggled in his chest, he knew he had to maintain some distance from her. In the beginning Miracle had cried and protested a lot, but eventually had gotten used to it.

             So, watching her sleep like this alone on her bed made him want to revive those old memories. He wanted her to snuggle close to him like she did before. He wanted to hold her close and feel her warmth. That is exactly what he did.

                Kayden shrugged of his dress-suit and his neck-tie. He opened a few buttons of his shirt, so he wouldn't feel suffocated. He removed his shoes and socks to be more comfortable.

         He slowly got under the comforter and brought Miracle close to him. As expected she had snuggled closer to him. She gave out small sigh of satisfaction as he softly touched her neck to adjust her head properly on his bicep.

              For some reason, after that soft sigh, her bare neck seemed more tempting to Kayden. A temptation to touch his lips on that delectable neck had aroused in Kayden. He tried to fight it off, but the longer he looked at her, the stronger the urge got. Finally he decided to give in.

            Kayden placed soft kisses on her neck, earning a moan for each kiss. And her moans were doing nothing other than driving him crazy for more. And now, he was full-on making out with her neck, as weird as it sounds.

               What he didn't expect was Miracle turning to face him, their lips meeting, him making out with her and her eyes opening wide.

                It took a few minutes, for her, to register what exactly was happening. One minute Pooh, The bear is hugging her and the next minute, she making out with Kayden King! Not that she minded, but it was still a shock. And she was running out of breath with all the tonguing that was going on.

              After a few vain attempts of trying to push him off, she finally managed to separate their mouths to inhale some air.

               "Kayden, what in the world are you doing here at 3 in the morning?"

                "Ummm.... Well.. It's just that I was hungry?"

               "What!?"

     This man is going to be the death of me !

***********************************

A/N : SOOOO.... CHAPTER THREE IS HERE !

AND WE CAME TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON THROUGH KAYDEN'S HEAD ! LIKE SOMEWHAT !

AND WELL I TRIED TO WRITE A BIT ABOUT THEIR SEXUAL TENSION, BUT I AM NOT SURE IF I SUCCEEDED.

IF I DID NOT SUCCEED, I PROMISE YOU I WILL TRY TO DO MY BEST THE NEXT TIME !

AND DON'T FORGET TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER !

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING !

LOVE TRISH ♡♥♡