Chapter 5

It had been two months, five days and sixteen fucking hours. And the counting made it all the more difficult. Every passing hour felt like a year taken out of her life. Every single day without Kayden made her feel like Juliet who had lost Romeo. There were even times when she thought of calling him and apologizing. But then, Kayden needed a reality check and if this help him, she would not, in fact could not back down. Her thoughts took a turn once again, as she sat at the dinning table sipping her morning coffee.

                             Did I go a little overboard by asking him not to show his face? Ahh, I shouldn't have said that!

                Whoa! Hey there, girly. You need to stop with all that 'I think I went overboard' shit. It is your life. Who does he think he is? No one has the right to question you except your mum and dad. Got it?

                         Before she could think about another excuse, a loud bang of the door and a frantic looking Hazel caught her attention. And a frantic Hazel is not a good sight to see.

                            "Hazel, what happened? Why do you look so sleep deprived? More than that, HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET IN MY HOUSE?" Miracle asked, getting up from her early seat to get a glass of water for poor, panting Hazel.

                                  Hazel drank the water as if she hadn't tasted it since last three days. After inhaling some much needed oxygen content in her lungs, she got up and gave Miracle a tight hug out of the blue. Miracle was sure her face looked like a baby's face, when they don't understand something.

                                        "Oh, Come on! Don't give me that look. It's been so long since we met. I missed my best friend. And other than that I had to come for your rescue. How long has it been since you got out of this stuffy apartment and got some fresh air?" Hazel had a serious look on her face by the end of her question.

                       "Hey, it has just been three days since I got out to buy supplies for my apartment. You don't need to be so offensive about it. And you know, I prefer staying inside the house, rather than going out and in that polluted environment. Do you have any idea how many diseases that air out there might cause?-" Her small rant was cut off by Hazel waving her hand dismissively and pushing her towards her bedroom.

                      "Go wear something nice and casual. We don't have much time and there is lots of shopping to do. Go, Go, GO!"

                 "Shopping? What for?" Again a confused look passed Miracle's facial features.

              "Geez, just go and get ready! I'll tell you everything on the way. And one more thing, you should hide your spare key somewhere else. I guess everyone knows where you hide it." With a defeated sigh, Miracle went in to get changed. Hazel was one person who gave her a tough challenge. She was complete bi-polar. She didn't have a stable mood. Either she was overly happy, which was most of the time, or overly annoyed, which usually happened when Michael or Kayden were around.

                               "So are you going to tell me what are we shopping for?" Miracle asked cautiously, since Hazey seemed in dazed mood after that phone call from her would be husband.

                                 "Mikey and I are going on a honeymoon." 

                      "Wait! Don't you mean vacation?" Confusion overpowered her emotions again. She was getting confused a lot today.She just hoped that the by the end of the day she would be mentally stable enough to call her mom. She needed to talk to her and pour out everything.