CHAPTER 2: HIDING

" H-HIDE?!" I shout as his presence surprises me.

" What's up y/n?! Your trying to get a shot on Ariiiima?"

" Shut up hide-Kun!!! We were just talking about books that's all!!!"

He taps his cheeks noticing the blush I had upon it. " what's that? ya blushing over the guy?" He chuckles as I
hide my cheeks.

" Ya know that Arima guy was looking at your profile a few months ago, I think he actually might be into you"

" And what of it? he could of just been trying to see my RC factor or something"

Hide's smile fades as soon as I mentioned about RC cells.

He looks down. " Oh yeah...you're a ghoul..."

" Is that so wrong?? Wait...you didn't know that they had ghouls working here now?"

He shakes his head and smiles again and rests his hands on his coffee brown hair. " it's nothing!!" He scratches his nose.

" HEY y/N?! d'ya know what they said about that so called ' Picky eater'?!"

His loud voice echoes through the halls as well as my ears.

" They said that the Kagane prints matched up to your Kagane!!! I think they might consider you as a 'Picky eater' culprit !!"

I gasp as I never thought of that myself.

" what do you mean Hide?!? I would never kill humans out of pleasure I swear to it!!" I hold out my fists to hide as he jumps back on surprise.

" I never said that! It's what I heard from one of the previous meetings"

This guy... he's like a walking USB.

" Hide aren't you afraid you know a little too much sometimes?!"

He scratches his nose again and does a squint smile.

" Well if I want to stay being an investigator I have to be sharp ya know..."

I watch him walk away from me.

" I already know you can't be the 'Picky eater' since your RC factor never really changes, the chief is a big guy so your RC level will sky rocket if you had a feast on that guy!!"

How does he know my RC level? This guy who is he really?!

I watch him laugh at his own joke. He wipes his tears from laughing to hard.

" See ya Y/n I have to be somewhere!!!" He shouts waving a hand in the air. I watch him walk off.

They really think I'm 'Picky eater'??

I suddenly realise the name...I heard it somewhere before but where??

I feel a pain in my head as l try to think of the past but my memory wouldn't budge.

TIME SKIP: 10 mins later

I find myself sitting at my office desk tapping my pen against the table lightly.

What was this 'Picky eater's objective anyway?

Before I could open my laptop I feel someone approaching the office.

A boy with black and white hair enters holding some papers in his hands.

He looks up at me as he walks in. His cheeks light up pink as his eyes meet mine.

There was a moment of silence as I try to remember his face. I scatter through my thoughts.

"Are you L/n-San?" He stutters pointing at me.

I nod slowly still trying to find out who he was.

" I'm Sasaki Haise nice to meet you L/n-San" he bows in respect before taking his seat opposite me.

" Sasaki?" I look at him again.

He nods smiling at me.

" Sorry you remind me of someone I used to know..."

He turns to look at me. " yeah...I get that a lot!!" He rubs his head and turns to my desk.

" what're you doing?" I drop my pen and act neutral, "I-I was just thinking about the 'Picky eater' case"

" I was too ...Did you find interesting anything?" I don't answer

" I guess not..."

I hear him give a light chuckle.

" There's this cafe down town quiet close to where I live, apparently there were reports saying it was run by ghouls, I was sent to go there just investigate, do you want to go with me?" He stands up ready to leave.

" Yeah sure why not?" I get up to follow him.

We walk down the stairs leading out the CCG headquarters.

" This is still a slight mission I heard SS ranked ghouls attack people around that area..."

" So we bring our suitcases?"

" Well it's better to be safe then sorry right?!"

We both agree to bring our Quinques.

We both walk down a relatively calm street. It was really quite.

We enter the coffee shop and sit at a table in the middle of the shop. The smell was some how nostalgic as I felt tears form in my eyes.

" Do you smell that y/n-San?..." says Sasaki who also felt the feeling of nostalgia.

Our coffees are placed gently on the table.

" Arigato!" We both say to the waiter in unison. The waiter bows and leaves.

We both take a sip of our hot drinks and sigh at the same time.

People kept constantly looking over at us and whispered to one another. I heard the word 'investigators' a few times.

The workers kept looking over at us too making me feel uneasy.

An elderly waiter walks over to us again with a tray of delicately sliced strawberry shortcakes.

Me and Sasaki groan mentally.

" Here try some of our delicious cake all for free!!"

Sasaki politely turns down the offer with a fake smile.

" Why not?" Says the waiter as he looks at Sasaki in question.

I look at Haise desperately wanting to finish the coffee and leave.