Chapter 8: Coffee

(Author's note: Heyo ^^, its the weekend so yay ^^. Also morby.. gahhh x3 I ship them so hard. They're just so cute ^^. Sorry for a day late update. Anyways, enough fanboying and back to the story.
-Jason)

The sun began to peek at the edges of the city as Mordecai and Rigby slept soundly, their breathing calm and steady. The light starter to seep through the window as Rigby slowly opened his eyes still in the arms of his crush and best friend mordecai.

He enjoyed the warmth his best friend's body gave off as he lay beside him, he enjoyed the sound of mordecai's relaxed breathing. This feeling however was bittersweet for the brunette. The feeling he enjoyed in the arms of his best friend..

"Best friend.." rigby mumbled silently to himself. That word stung for him, knowing that's all he was to mordecai. He knew that's all he'll most certainly ever be and it stung. To Mordecai all this was, was him being there for his bro, his friend who was having nightmares but to rigby.. this was much.. much more.

To Rigby this is most likely his first and last chance to enjoy this feeling, and he wasn't about to pass it up. Rigby grabbed onto one of mordecai's arms as he was hugged from behind by the larger male, snuggling with it he began to drift back to sleep as his eyes began to close.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Rigby's eyes shot wide open as their alarm clock activated. Mordecai groaned as the noice from the device filled the room, taking in a deep breath he tried to stretch his arms but was unable to as his smaller friend held tightly onto his arm, looking somewhat cute. Making a smile form on his lips as he looked down at him.

"Dude come on, get up. We'll be late for class." Mordecai spoke in a groggy tired voice. Hitting the alarm clock hard.

"....." Rigby gave no response, opting instead to act asleep. Unwilling to let this end just yet.

"Ugghhh. Seriously? Am I that good to sleep with?" Mordecai said, making a blush appear on Rigby's cheeks

"Oh well, I guess there'll be no movie night next week. It looks like Rigby just can't handle it." Mordecai said outloud, having suspicions that his friend just wanted to be lazy as usual.

"What?! No i'm up. I'm up." Rigby said, sitting up still holding onto Mordecai's arm.

"Haha, good morning sleeping ugly" Mordecai joked as Rigby smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, good morning barf breath." Rigby said, making mordecai let out a small chuckle.

"Anyways, we should probably head out, don't wanna be late.. again." Mordecai said jokingly glaring at the smaller male.

"Yeah, I don't want you making us late like last week"

"Whatever you say Rigby, anyways do you mind? I wanna take a shower" mordecai spoke, running his free hand through his hair.

"Sure dude, whatevs."

"So."

"So?"

"Mind loosening the death grip you have on my arm?" Mordecai joked his friend.

"Huh, oh yeah! Ofc dude. No probs." Rigby said, quickly letting go of his friend's arm before getting out bed and making his way to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

"But.. I called dibs to shower first." Mordecai said to himself as he was left alone sitting in bed.

Rigby's boxers dropped to the bathroom floor, exposing his lightly tanned legs and his.. slightly erect member. Rigby slightly blushed, and sighed deeply grateful his friend didn't notice.. that would have been a death sentence.