Chapter 23: I love you too..

"You.. you what..?" Rigby spoke, standing at the doorframe of the bathroom, obviously stunned at what Thomas had just said.

"No, Rigby its not that I just its.. I.." Thomas said in his thick accent, trying to defend himself not knowing what to say, his face red.

Rigby raised a hand as he entered the bathroom closing the door behind him, gesturing for thomas to stop, sighing before leaning on the sink and crossing his arms.

"Dude.. relax, its just me" Rigby said, a warm smile on his face as he looked up at the taller male, his warm brown eyes meeting Thomas's cool green ones.

Thomas immediately averted Rigby's gaze not able to look him in the eye as he stood there, still not knowing what to say.

"And hey, if you had a thing for me.. I don't mind. I mean.. who could blame you, right?" Rigby said followed by a light-hearted laugh, flashing thomas a smirk and giving him a wink as he pointed finger guns at him in an effort to lighten the mood.

"Haha.. i.. I'm sorry.." thomas said, pulling his hood over his head, trying to hide the deep blush creeping onto his face.

"Sorry for what?" Rigby said, a quizzical look on his face.

"For.. you know.. liking you.. I know you're taken.. and I have to respect that.." Thomas said, looking down at the tiled bathroom floor.

"Ohhh, dude its fine alright?" Rigby told thomas, a warm smile still on his face.

"Wait, you're not mad?"

"Ofcourse I'm not mad, dude come on.. it hurts to like somekne you can never be with.." Rigby said, remembering how his feelings for Mordecai a few months prior to them getting together.

"Ok.." Thomas said, as he tried to keep his composure yet failing to keep a tear from rolling down his cheek.

"Wait.. are you cr- awww Thomas.. are you crying?" Rigby asked

"Wh-what? No, I'm fine.." Thomas spoke his voice shakey.

"Yes you are, now come here" Rigby said as he walked towards Thomas.

"W-wait what are you doing..?" Thomas asked Rigby as he tried to keep his tears.

"Giving you a hug silly" Rigby said, rolling his eyes and smiling.

"A hug..? You.. sure you and Mordecai would be ok with that?" Thomas asked.

"Dude its just a hug, now do you want it or not?" Rigby said, opening his arms.

"I.. i do.." Thomas said, his hood covering his teary eyes as Rigby embraced him, the smaller male barely reaching his chest.

"Feel better?"

"Y-yes.."

"Ok goo-" Rigby was just about to let go before thomas wrapped his arms around the smaller male bringing him in close.

"Pl-please... i just.. need.. five more minutes.." Thomas said, as he felt Rigby's smaller slender body against his own in a warm embrace. A deep blush on his face as he hugged Rigby, tears slowly rolling down his face as he knew this was probably the most he was ever going to get.

"Okay.. five minutes but that's it."

"I love you Rigby..." Thomas said, in a warm and sincere voice as tears rolled down his face.

Rigby just stood there as Thomas hugged him, not knowing what to say, a blush on his face.

"C-could you say it back..?" Thomas asked Rigby.

"Thomas.. you know it wouldn't be true.."

"Please.. just this once.. i know it wouldn't be true.. I just.. i want to hear you say it.." Thomas spoke, pain clear in his voice.

With a heavy heart Rigby sighed "Just this once?"

"Please.."

"I love you too" Rigby's voice was monotone and empty when he spoke, but it was enough to make Thomas smile.

"Th-thank you" Thomas gave Rigby one final tight squeeze before finally letting him go, his hood pulled back revealing his teary eyes and half-hearted smile.

"Don't mention it.. now come on, we're going to miss the movie"
Rigby said, surprising Thomas at how he didn't jump when mentjoning the movie.

"Y-you go ahead.. I.. need to wash up a bit first.. haha.." Thomas said, letting out a small laugh as he gestured to the deep blush on his face.

"Alright, don't take too long.. ok?" Rigby said as he pulled the door open to make his way out of the bathroom.

Thomas gave a small smile and a dismissibe wave as Rigby left the room leaving him alone with the flurry of emotions plaguing him.

Thomas collpased to his knees, and out a hand to his chest feeling a mixture of relief and intensifying pain in his heart..

Sighinf before getting to his knees he splashed cool water on his face, trying to remove the blush before making his way out of the bathroom not uttering another word.

(Heyo, Jason here ^^ sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy working on my next story. My next story will be original and hopefully out before the end of next month, if you enjoyed my work here please check it out once the first few chapters are ready ^^ thanks and I hope you have a great day! ^^ -Jason)