Chapter 21: Ice cream

(Heyo, Jason here. So yeah, an update? What? Amazing! He isn't dead! Anywayzz, yeah happy new year and stuff! ^^ sorry if this isn't as good as my previous chapters xD I'm kinda rusty, first chapter in a while and all xD also imma go back to my usual friday update system from now on ^^ so yay :3.)

The early morning sun had just begun to creep over the city and into Mordecai and Rigby's dorm room. Rigby stirred lightly in his sleep, turning to his side trying to get some more rest.

Rigby had just begun to drift back off to sleep when he until he heard a loud *Ding* followed by an all too familiar scent.

Rigby stretched his arms over his head before sitting up right on the top bed of their bunk. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he could just about make out the form of his boyfriend infront of the makeshift "kitchen" counter which was basically a glorified corner with a toaster, microwave, and water heater on top of a small table.

Rigby took in a deep breath before getting out of bed still wearing his yellow shotts and light brown shirt from the night before.

"Well good morning sleeping ugly" Mordecai said, turning around and leaning on the small table, still wearing his plain wbite shirt and light blue shorts from the night before. Four pieces of lightly toasted bread rested on a small plate behind him with two open jars of peanut butter and strawberry jam beside them.

Rigby rolled his eyes at Mordecai's comment as he straightened out the creases of his shirt "Har har Mordo. Why're you up so early anyway? And what's with the food?" Rigby questioned the taller male.

"Hm? Oh no reason, just wanted to make some breakfast for my boyfriend" Mordecai said, wrapping his long lanky arms around Rigby's smaller frame, causing a light blush to form on Rigby's cheeks.

"I uh.. ok?" Rigby gently pushed Mordecai away before speaking again "you sure nothings off? I mean, don't get me wrong. Breakfast in bed everyday wouldn't hurt but.. normally we'd sleep in till like 12 noon, I mean come on man. Its a saturday"

"Come on Rigbone, don't question it. Just eat up" Mordecai said before lovingly ruffling Rigby's hair. Turning around and picking up one of the two pbj sandwiches before taking a bite out of it, before rigby shrugged and did the same.

"Oh and hurry up, we're going to the Charlie's" mordecai said, making his way to the bathroom

"Mhm- wait what? Ice cream parlor? At like.. 10 am?" Rigby asked.

"Yup, don't worry. Its my treat. Now finish your food" mordecai said, grabbing a towel before closing the bathroom door leaving a dumbfounded rigby in their bedroom.

A few minutes passed before Mordecai stepped out of the shower, warm water still dripping from his pale skin and black and blue hair.

"So, you gonna shower or what?" Mordecai asked, picking out his clothes for the day his back turned to rigby.

"Yeah yeah sure, duude.. don't get me wrong free ice cream sounds fun.. but you're being oddly nice to me.. you got a reason or..." Rigby asked, taking a towel.

"Hmm... fine, I just wanna hang out with you away from... that Thomas guy, I've got a bad feeling about him." Mordecai conffessed.

"What? Thomas? Why? He's harmless! And pretty sweet if you ask me" Rigby said, a cute smile on his lips.

"Mm.. that's the thing Rigby.. i don't know... but I feel like.. i don't know... its like-" Mordecai was interrupted by Rigby

"Dude, calm down. You went from sweet and kinda hot to awkward kid trying to get a date in like no time. Just relax, and tell me what it is." Rigby said, wrapping his arms around the larger male, leaning into his bare chest.

Mordecai blushed lightly before taking in a deep breath. "I feel like Thomas has feelings for you." Mordecai said instantly.

Rigby first had a look of disbelief on his face before it turned into one of amusement, and soon laughter started pouring out of his lips. "Hhahahaha duuuude whaaaat? Thomas knows we're dating, dipshit. He wouldn't like me, no worries!"

Mordecai didn't calm down at all instead wrapping his arms around rigby and resting his cheek on the top of Rigby's head. "No man.. just.. just trust me..."

Rigby then broke their hug and crossed his arms, a smug look on his face. "Pff you're just jelly"

"Whaaat? No way man I'm just... concerned is all.." mordecai said, unable to look rigby in the eyes.

"Pff you're so jelly hahaha" Rigby teased his boyfriend.

"Fine whatevs, just take a shower already i wanna get some ice cream"

"You know ice cream this early isn't good for your health" Rigby joked mordecai, trying to lighten the mood.

"That didn't stop you eating 2 tubs of ice cream in less than 10 minutes because Chad dared you to last month" Mordecai shot back at rigby, a playful grin on his face.

"Pshh.. that's totally different"

"Really? How so?"

"You know what? Maybe we should bring Thomas along" Rigby changing the topic

Normally Mordecai would notice but the idea of having thomas as a thirdwheel was..  well let's just say he didn't like it.

"What why?" Mordecai asked the smaller male.

"To prove that you aren't jelly, and plus dean Benson said we're supposed to show him around or whatever " Rigby answered, stepping intothe bathroom.

"Pshh I'm not jelly.." mordecai said.

"Good, then you should have no problem spending more time with Thomas." Rigby said smugly, closing the door, leaving Mordecai in their bedroom. And not long after the sound of running water hitting a tiled floor echoed through their small room

Mordecai sat on the lower bunk of their bunk bed, still in his towel sighing, obviously not looking forward to spending more time with the exchange student.

(Wooooh, finished another chapter ^^ yay. Sorry it took longer than expected, and sorry if its not as good as usual ^^' but yeah. Thanks for reading ^^ I'll update either tomorrow or next friday. Byeeez -Jason)