Chapter 27: I Can't Make You Love Me

~Third Person P.O.V~

Thomas stirred lightly in bed, before the loud buzzing of his alarm woke him from his sleep.

He was barely able to get any sleep last night, his mind couldn't rest, he felt dirty for accepting their invitation, he didn't deserve their forgiveness.

Nearly breaking his alarm clock with the force he used to turn it off, Thomas sat up in his bed as he rubbed his tired eyes, his gaze darting to his night stand his surprisingly still intact alarm clock reading 6:35.

He felt deep inside that he was unworthy for their forgiveness.. for Rigby's forgiveness.. yet, if this is what they want from him then so be it.

Thomas finished his morning routine before grabbing his keyboard bag and heading down the stairs. The bus ride to Amusement Mile was quite lonely, Mordecai and Rigby offered to ride with him but Thomas refused saying he needed to run some errands first, in truth he just needed some time alone.

Thomas made his way through amusement mile, passing by the numerous rides and smiling faces, the laughter of chatter and laughter of the people filled the air of the amusement park.

Thomas decided to buy some food for him and the pair before heading to the meet up location. Thomas carried two paper bags of fries and soda in one hand and his keyboard bag in the other, he arrived at a secluded portion of the amusement park, his shoes hitting the wooden planks as his eyes stared out into the open sea, the smell of the ocean filled the air as the loud chatter seemingly vanishing. This was the same spot where Mordecai and Rigby practiced, the spot they shared their first kiss..

"Mmmm.. I guess I can see why they decided to practice here." Thomas looked down at his wrist watch, noting he was still 30 minutes too early.

Deciding he might as well warm up, Thomas placed the food down on a nearby crate before setting up his keyboard, connecting it to a portable power source before sitting down on a crate, using it as a makeshift chair.

Thomas slowly brought his fingers to the keys, his gaze turned towards the open sea, the sound of waves filled.

(A/N: The song he's playing is called "I can't make you love me" by Shane Filan)

Thomas slowly closed his eyes as he lowered his head, taking in a deep breath before his fingers slowly began playing notes, the soothing yet sorrowful music filling the air.

Soon the sweet sound of his voice filled the air, blending with the music of his keyboard with the harmony of two lovers dancing under moon's light, a sea of stars above them.

"~Turn down the lights, Turn down the bed, Turn down these voices inside my head~"

Thomas sang, sorrow in his voice taking a short pause before continuing.

"~Lay down with me
Tell me no lies
Just hold me close, don't patronize
Don't patronize me~"

Thomas felt tears begin to well up in his eyes as he sang, threatening to break.

"~Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't~"

Thomas felt the warm salty liquid run down his face as he sang, he voice shook ever so slightly yet remained clear and serene.

"~Here in the dark, in these final hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power, But you won't, no you won't
'Cause I can't make you love me, if you don't~"

Thomas's voice trailed off, his voice carries the love, pain and passion he felt for Rigby. His emotions getting the best of him as a few tears streamed down his face, though he continued to sing, his fingers seemingly moving on their own expertly dancing across the keyboard.

"~I'll close my eyes, then I won't see
The love you don't feel when you're holding me
Morning will come and I'll do what's right
Just give me till then to give up this fight And I will give up this fight~

He continued to sing, feeling a sharp pain in his chest as the words escaped his lips, willing himself to avoid sobbing despite his tears, despite his pain.

"~'Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't
Here in the dark, in these final hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
But you won't, no you won't
'Cause I can't make you love me, if you don't~"

Thomas continued to play his keyboard, trailing off the song before ending it. Pressing his weight against his keyboard he began to sub, leaning over as tears began to fall but that's when he heard the footsteps nearing him halt.

Looking up through his blurry vision he saw Rigby, Thomas hurriedly wiped the tears from his eyes in a panic.

"H-how.. l-long have you been s-standing there..?" Thomas spoke, a deep blush on his cheeks, attempting to still his voice to no avail.

"Long enough.." Rigby spoke, his voice trailing off.

"You have a beautiful voice" Rigby said, a compassionate smile on his lips.

"T-thanks.."

(A/N: Hello Jason here, sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed.)