• chapter 8 •

• chapter eight •

•••

If your heart was full of love, could you give it up?

•••

      YOU know when you were not ready to face something. And you felt like you were hyperventilating when it happened for real. That was how I am feeling at the moment. My heart felt like it stopped beating. I felt numb. I definitely do not know what to do. It felt like somebody decided to turn my life upside down. My head became blank, my lungs felt so tight like oxygen has been sucked out as I looked up to the door. To the man I was waiting for this past years.

" Chris, "

That was the only word that left my mouth, as I finally saw him, after all this years, now in my own house, on our son's birthday.

Our.

I never knew I could say that. I was shaking. I do not know what to do. All these years I have been waiting for him. But now, I don't know what to do.

As I gathered the courage, I walked closer to the door. He was standing there. Tall, broad, much muscular this time round. And he was staring right at me. Does he recognise me?

'Of course he would. Changing your hair colour does not mean he would not recognised the people around you.' My subconscious said.

" Oh. My. God. " Sarah clasped her hand over her mouth.

" Uh-um. I'm here delivering the cakes for Anna. " He cleared his throat and spoked. My legs felt wobbly and  I think I could fall down anytime. Those voice. That I missed so much.

" Th-that's me. " I shifted my gaze down. Unable to beat his hard stare.

" Hey, I'll get this for you. " Ryan said as he approached us. Reaching out for the boxes from Chris. Or I can say Julian, from what was written on his shirt.

" Thank you, " I told Ryan but it sounded more like a whispered. Ryan turned and looked at me. His hands reached for my cheeks.

" Are you okay? " Ryan questioned. Of course he would be confused. I was okay just now but now I probably like a mess. Probably wondering how can a cake delivery be so emotional?

Well? This shit definitely emotional for me.

I shook my head and cleared my throat. Giving him a smile, I said " Of course, Ryan. Please. Bring this inside and I'll be right back. " 

Ryan nodded his head and took the boxes from Julian. As Ryan left, we both still stand frozen there. Until Sarah made the next move.

A cold, hard slap reached Julian's face. He was not expecting that. I definitely do not expecting that. I looked over at Sarah and she also seems to not expecting that would happened. But, it did.

" That's for breaking my sister's heart. And leaving all of us! " She said and walked away back to the house.

We both stood there, minutes passed. But we both frozen. As I finally gathered my strength to say something, of course something will come in the way.